No announcement yet.

WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or have you tried turning off firefox pop-up blocker?
    Yes, no difference. Maybe 64bit compatibility?
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I miss being able to go to my profile and bringing up threads I started. Sometimes I use my old questions to jog my memory about something I worked on in the past or bring up a picture I can't find anymore. Search function seems worthless, I ended up just using Google.

Comment

Meanwhile the default seems to be that threads open in "Latest Activity" (reverse order) mode. What is most confusing is that in that mode posts are not numbered!

I also miss the "reply" button we had before. It allowed to reply to an earlier post while actually seeing it.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
          I also miss the "reply" button we had before. It allowed to reply to an earlier post while actually seeing it.
          "reply" button top left; bottom right
          Attached Files
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
            "reply" button top left; bottom right
            That seems to be just a simple "send" button.
            What I mean is the reply button at the bottom of each individual post we had before. It allowed to write your reply directly beneath the related post.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Meanwhile the default seems to be that threads open in "Latest Activity" (reverse order) mode. What is most confusing is that in that mode posts are not numbered!

I liked the 'multi-quote' option as well.
              Have you checked your settings, there is a spot to make the default either 'latest activity' (reverse order) or 'posts' (normal order). User settings > account > conversation detail options > display mode
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I reply by using the "Quote" button so the text is at the top of the reply where I can see it then I delete all or some of the quote as required.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  I liked the 'multi-quote' option as well.
                  From a thread on vbulletin.com about the current beta release:

Question:
                  Does this release have the multi quote fixed?
                  Answer:
                  As far as I am aware, the Multi-Quote is working as designed. Though I would say the design does need to be changed.
                  From this, it would seem there is a way to do a multi-quote, but I don't know what it is.
                  -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

I reply by using the "Quote" button so the text is at the top of the reply where I can see it then I delete all or some of the quote as required.
                    That method soon gets awkward if the quoted post contains several questions that need to be adressed separately.
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Wow, it works. Finally I can see - who gave likes. Didn't change anything, so probably tboy? If so thanks a lot. Already felt kind of underprivileged.
                      Even re-activated my old XP 32bit laptop this afternoon and it didn't show either.

No problems with pop-up blockers now.

Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-11-2020, 09:23 PM.
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Not a huge deal, but I noticed that most of the emoticons are missing graphics. Is it just me, or is everyone else seeing that?

Also, again not a big deal, I'm not getting notified on "likes" either. Either that or nobody has liked any posts recently.
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          not a big deal, I'm not getting notified on "likes" either. Either that or nobody has liked any posts recently.
                          Anyone not getting notifications for 'likes' or PM's, etc., see this post:
                          https://music-electronics-forum.com/...969#post906969
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

...most of the emoticons are missing graphics. Is it just me, or is everyone else seeing that?
                            This seems to happen every time we have a major software update. I'll see what I can do about fixing it.

I'm not getting notified on "likes" either. Either that or nobody has liked any posts recently.
                            If you go to your 'User Settings' and click the 'Notifications' tab, there's a setting for that which seems to have defaulted to 'off' for everybody.
                            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I had changed the setting in my notifications tab yesterday and it still didn't work. However, it just now started working magically and I did nothing different. I'm not sure why it decided to work all of a sudden. I didn't change anything today.
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

All of the Smilies and Post Icons should be appearing now.
                                -tb

Comment

Working...
                                X