No announcement yet.

WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we won`t see anymore who gave a like?
    People Who Liked
    Click on the number to the right near the like icon (see post above #34)
    Last edited by vintagekiki; 06-09-2020, 04:55 PM.
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Here's another case of changing crap because you can. As somebody who writes code and DOES websites, I HEAR the complaint from people who HATE it when you change what they are used to. MY people are comfortable with a format and DON'T LIKE CHANGE. This is just another change that didn't need to be done, UNLESS there was a tech reason to do so. JMHO. Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post

People Who Liked
        Click on the number to the right near the like icon (see post above #34)
        If I click on the likes number nothing shows/happens.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

If I click on the likes number nothing shows/happens.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	like.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	906901

It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post

Views:	471
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	906901
            Sure, that's what I did - nothing shows.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Sure, that's what I did - nothing shows.
              I really don't understand why doesn't show.

Views:	443
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	906906
              It's All Over Now

Comment

So it looks like there are some things to figure about this new forum software still. I have one to point out as well. I went to my user profile page and then selected Media. It displays one of my "352" photos that are attached. Then when I click on the media images, thinking to view the collection, it only says no media found. I wonder what that is all about? One thing I did notice about uploading is that you can set your media files as public, member, or subscriber. Which now friends that you had on the previous software are your subscriber base.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I really don't understand why doesn't show.
                  Neither do I. Does it work for you?
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                    Neither do I. Does it work for you?
                    I have reviewed a few posts that have like icon with number.
                    When click on the number (right from like icon) the nickname people who liked it appears.
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      OK, so I punched up New Topics and got the list of recent posts - the old Activity Stream. I made the above post, then backed out after posting to return to the New list. But now this thread title was gone, as was the thread title about adding a choke to a Windsor. Those are no longer in the new list I started from. Only way I can find those threads is to open the forums menu and hunt for them. Surely there is an easier way?

And also I do not see my own posts in the list. In the old Activity Stream, I often used my own posts as a book mark.- I could just scroll down until I see my last one and there I was at the place to start anew.
                      It seems to give different results based on where you were when you clicked on 'new topics'. I clicked on it from the main page (MEF heading top left of this page). Then having clicked on 'new topics' I set that as my bookmark for MEF.
                      Clicking that bookmark now gives me pretty much what I want, like it used to be clicking 'new posts'.
                      However, if I go back and click 'new topics' from the main page (not using my bookmark), it gives me something else, like you are describing.
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Another issue: When I click on "My recent posts" I don't get a chronological list of my posts as before but rather a list of threads.
                        Also system response is much slower than before.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

There are so many things missing or that don't work that were easy and convenient before. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I honestly hate this new software as of this post. I sure hope some of the old features can be returned. .
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            There are so many things missing or that don't work that were easy and convenient before. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I honestly hate this new software as of this post. I sure hope some of the old features can be returned. .
                            Using the Today's Posts, the default appears to by the highest number, while the latest post is found on '1'. I have to scroll thru to get to the latest post. Also, we're no longer seeing how many posts have been made by each member, and can only get to some of the information on them by clicking on their user name on a given post. Gone are the LIkes/Dislikes we saw before, and ranking from our activity over time that had been above the Avatar. I know, this is work in progress, so the list from all of us trying to navigate the new software is bound to grow. I do like a number of the features that I've yet to make use of. I will admit when I logged on the first time after the new software was up and running, I felt lost.
                            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by jbltwin1 View Post
                              This is just another change that didn't need to be done, UNLESS there was a tech reason to do so.
                              I resisted making this change for a long time even though I've had a vBulletin 5 license since it was in beta many years ago. At this point however the writing on the wall has grown too big and bold to be ignored. vBulletin 4.2.5 reached End-Of-Life status several years ago and is no longer being supported. The latest version of PHP that will work with vBulletin 4.2.5 is PHP 7.1, and that version has also reached End-Of-Life status and is no longer being supported. My willingness to run this site with outdated unsupported software and accept all the risks entailed in doing so has also reached End-Of-Life status and is no longer being supported.
                              -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I guess it's just growing pains.
                                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                                X