WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..and now it's working again. Yea!
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• Sorry, doesn't work for me. The new time limit for the Edit function (maybe 12 hours or less?) is too short. I need at least 24h as before.

I often write posts late at night and the next day I find typos or other errors that need to be corrected. After all it's still a foreign language ...
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 02-03-2021, 07:05 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Agreed. There is somethng odd going on as it's not working for me either any more.

Comment

• As of today Edit time limit seems to be longer than12h.
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 02-05-2021, 08:20 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Looks as if the Edit time limit has been extended. Thanks tboy!
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• I seem to having a problem with a short time window for editing. I'll use this as a test message and try to edit it at intervals to see what happens.

Test edit 8:11 OK
              Test edit 19:13 OK
              Last edited by nickb; 03-23-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickb View Post
                I seem to having a problem a short time window for editing. I'll use this as a test message and try to edit it at intervals to see what happens.

Test edit 8:11am OK
                Oddly it did not mark the post as edited, such as the post at the top of this page,post #196.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• OK the conclusion is the window is just 12 hours. That's too short. I suggest that 48 is more suitable.

Comment

• Is there something weird happening with embedded pictures? I put a picture in this thread (https://music-electronics-forum.com/...omeone-do-this) I could see the picture but based on the first comment I don't know that others could. Now I don't see the picture either. If I quote the original post I see some HTML type stuff where the pic should be but no pic.

Also, was there a reason for limiting the time for editing?

Comment

• Originally posted by glebert View Post
                      Also, was there a reason for limiting the time for editing?
                      What is your current edit 'window'? For the time I've been here, it was always 24hrs. Recently a few different people have been reporting different results from each other, so perhaps some type of global reset is required?
                      tboy ?
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        What is your current edit 'window'? For the time I've been here, it was always 24hrs. Recently a few different people have been reporting different results from each other, so perhaps some type of global reset is required?
                        tboy ?
                        Less than 24 hours it seems. I see no reason to have any edit timeout though.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickb View Post
                          OK the conclusion is the window is just 12 hours. That's too short. I suggest that 48 is more suitable.
                          nick are you still stuck with 12hr edit window?
                          tboy is 12hr edit window the default or is something wrong with nickb account? It is causing him a fair bit of trouble.

Comment

• Yes. I'm still stuck with 12 hours (and no delete function).

Comment

• My antivirus is trying to keep me from opening the MEF because of problems with the safety certificate.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• I got it too.
                                Firefox wouldn't let me on MEF, until I told it to proceed anyway!
                                My warning was about clock time.
                                T
                                **Because of the Security warning, very few members seem to be logging on
                                At the current time, 3 members logged on, and that includes me and helmholtz
                                Last edited by big_teee; 05-08-2021, 04:58 PM.
                                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X