• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-05-08 12-25-22.png
Views:	238
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	931253
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

• My old firefox wouldn't even allow me to over-ride the exception. But the site is back up and running now so it must be fixed.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• MEF was not available for half an hour, so work again.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	certificate error.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	931256
        It's All Over Now

Comment

• Still problems with server access here. Each time I hit the "Today's Posts" button, I get a connection time-out message.
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 05-08-2021, 08:10 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Seems to work now.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• ON SEARCHING SOMETHING IN THE FORUM?
              I've always done this often.
              But, now I don't see a way to search a forum category?
              It seems the search always searches the entire forum, which is too broad at times.
              Before the 5 upgrade I could search just guitar tech or pickups, or etc.
              Am I missing something here, WTF?
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                ON SEARCHING SOMETHING IN THE FORUM?
                I've always done this often.
                But, now I don't see a way to search a forum category?
                It seems the search always searches the entire forum, which is too broad at times.
                Before the 5 upgrade I could search just guitar tech or pickups, or etc.
                Am I missing something here, WTF?
                T
                I have various search options on this page. At the top right, the usual search box that has always been there for me. It has a drop down arrow so I can select this sub-section of forum, or the whole site. Also in that drop down is 'advanced search' which is I think what you are looking for.
                Then, above the first post on the page, another search box where I can search in this thread only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	934081

Attached Files
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  Am I missing something here
                  I've never had much luck searching, before or after the software change. But I'm not a youngster with super digital capabilities as so many seem to have.

In any case I've seen it suggested that it's often more productive to let the mighty Google do your searching for you. Worth a try, could be less aggravating.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• The last month or two MEF has had a sporadic problem with periodical down in operation.
                    This time he didn't work 3 days.
                    Attached Files
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

• From what i understand someone digging messed with the fiber optic run last month and this month

nosaj
                      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

• What's the point, anyway? Yeah, the site was momentarily down. So what? That's bound to happen from time to time for various reasons. It's not like tboy was sitting there twiddling his thumbs and laughing like a mad scientist enjoying the fact that his site was down. I, for one, am just grateful this place exists. Thanks for all your work, tboy!
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          What's the point, anyway? Yeah, the site was momentarily down. So what? That's bound to happen from time to time for various reasons. It's not like tboy was sitting there twiddling his thumbs and laughing like a mad scientist enjoying the fact that his site was down. I, for one, am just grateful this place exists. Thanks for all your work, tboy!
                          Maybe lost in translation, maybe it was just informational I know some website operators who never know when their site goes down. At least that's what I'm chalking it up to.
                          nosaj

Comment

• FWIW: My post wasn't directed at you.
                            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              FWIW: My post wasn't directed at you.
                              I know I was just suggesting VK was just being informational in an aspergers kinda of way.
                              nosaj

Comment

• Storm damage.
                                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Working...
                                X