Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just logged in here in a long time. Work, house remodelling and other things got in the way of amp repair. I am terribly saddened by the news of Enzo. He always gave me a hard time but I did not mind because he was a genius and was always right. RIP

Comment

• Received Enzo pics today, thanks corliss1 a wonderful gift to honor such a wonderful soul, RIP Enzo, your knowledge/education lives on !
      If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

• Such a great character and extremely helpful person. I was bummed out when he said he was retiring, but he still kept up with the forums and I tried not to take that for granted. I'd spend hours just reading his posts trying to learn as much as I could. He has no idea who I am, but he felt like a favorite teacher to me. What a legend, RIP Enzo.

Comment

• Oh man, I’m SO saddened to see this. First time I have logged in here in quite a while, and was actually going to see about asking him a question about something, when I saw the stickied post about him. Rest in peace, Enzo, you were truly the best…

Comment

• It's very heartening for me to see some of the less visible majority here stepping in to honor Enzo. I know that his greatest contribution was enveloped in his teaching oriented style and I'm sure there are a lot of guys that learned a lot from him without ever interacting. I'm also sure that there will still be more that will learn from the over 20,000 posts he logged here as well as his posts elsewhere. He left us a legacy.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Got my picks and Enzo image yesterday. Thank you!

Comment

• Also got my picks and print of the drawing, thanks RJ, and thanks Wendy.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• I've been away from the forum for quite some time, but recently heard from another member about Enzo passing. Pretty sad to hear that news - he will certainly be missed here and elsewhere.

I count myself lucky to have had interaction with him over years on this forum, and to have been the beneficiary of his shared knowledge on numerous occasions.

Nice to read some of the thoughts shared by others. Doug/Enzo will live on in our memories and methods.

Take care all.

Comment

• I haven't logged into the forum for a while, so just seeing this sad news. I consider myself more or less a tube amp hack compared to those here with a real electronics understanding. My first tube amps were Peaveys so when I ventured to service them, I quickly found postings from Enzo on just about every Peavey repair topic I searched. He really knew his stuff, so he quickly became a reliable source of information who I held in the highest regard. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on these forums and I am grateful, but Enzo was number 1.

Comment

• I've avoided posting here until now because I really couldn't find the words say that would honor the great man that he was. He was such an asset to the entire repair community that he connected with. He taught us all a better way to look at things and sometimes would often make us laugh at the same time. Truly a one of a kind. May he rest in peace knowing that he left the world a better place.

Comment

• So sad to hear. He was the first person to help me about 20 years ago where he patiently helped me step by step through a successful repair on a Peavey mixer amp.

I was amazed and grateful of his knowledge and help over the years.

Thank you and RIP in Enzo!

Comment

• For any people that may be on the fence, I still have plenty of guitar picks left
                          RJ

Comment

• This is from an arbitrary thread. I think it demonstrates the breadth of impact Enzo had on this genre of on-line music electronics repair and DIY. Having been a part of it from the beginning and always being a major contributor along with his actual ability to contribute something useful every time has made him a know entity throughout the genre. With no exceptions. Everyone in this game clearly knows who Enzo was.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...x120r-speakers
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Ah man...I had a sinking feeling after having a few email go unanswered, RIP Enzo. Lovely to have found this community in mourning and paying its respects.

What a warm-hearted, generous man! I was lucky to have crossed paths with him thanks to this forum. Like most people here experienced, he helped me countless times, you could always count on his rock-solid advice.

In 2020 I inquired about the Conn Stroboconn 12-wheel strobe tuner, my naive self wanting to buy an auction containing only one-half of the system. He not only put me on the path to understanding these machines and to stay clear of the junk sales, but offered up his complete working unit plus a few partial units for a pittance, if only I come to collect the parts in person (he insisted they were far too fragile an item to ship). Enter covid and ensuing US/CAN border closures, my trip delayed by 2 years, however I was finally able to meet the man in the flesh back in June (Wendy, too, so nice!). The stroboconn has become a permanent fixture of my shop, used in each and every electric piano restoration project, and as of learning this tragic news I can't help but view it as a totem to the man, the legend!
                              Last edited by cancon; 12-02-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Enzo used to tell his favourite joke on Dec.7. He started threads to tell it in 2010, 2015, 2016, 2019 and whenever else.
                                In 2010 he mentioned he had been telling it for 50 years.

My family is a mixed race family, and I often wonder about others. I know a guy whose dad was black and his mom was Japanese, and every December 7th, he attacks Pearl Bailey.

(My all time favorite joke.)

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X