Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just logging in to the forum for the first time in a long while, and really sad to see this news. I worked as a tech for 12 years (until my home and business were ruined by a nearby fire last year), and Doug was always a reliable, friendly resource. He helped me with head-scratching problems more times than I can count. I regret never having the opportunity to meet him in person. Rest in power.

Comment

• Some time ago before Covid hit, my wife and I were talking about what we'd want to do if we visited the USA and I said I'd want to go and meet Enzo above anything else. She said "He must mean a lot to you to want to do that". I too regret never having met the great man in person.

Comment

• I can’t believe this is real. I grew up reading his and others posts back when this was ampage.org. He was a damn pillar here and at the peavey forum and god knows where else. So sad to learn this. I expect heaven’s bench just got deeper.
        ~F
        "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Comment

• Oh so sad to hear, I learnt so much from this cool fellow;(

Comment

• This is very sad—I know he is dear to so many.
            So sorry for your loss.

I logged on for the first time in ages—the place feels so different now; I knew right away that Enzo had passed. His presence anywhere, even virtually, is truly that palpable.

Steve
            Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

• Originally posted by tbonuss View Post
              His presence anywhere, even virtually, is truly that palpable.
              We know
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• I haven't visited the forum for a while and it is with sadness that i read this news.
                i've only known Enzo through his posts and kind help to my "newbie" questions and he (as many others) replied always with pacience and kindness
                i respectfully present my condolences

Comment

• I also haven't been on here in a really long time and am very sad to hear this news. I also learned a lot from his very informative posts which has served me well. RIP.

Comment

• He has left an ever-lasting impression on everybody here...that's for sure....I do hope that his posts will never be deleted..they need to be all assembled into some form such as an on-line reference folder which sort of has heading of various make and model of amps with their issues and then all his posts in order underneath so that it can be used as a sort of help guide with all the info actually being in one place.....but that is something that will probably take months to properly compile if not longer....sounds like a full time job to be quite honest...I have seen some sites where they have a unit with a specific issue and then the repair info on that specific issue...just a thought...

Comment

• You can see the results of a search for all posts by Enzo at
                      https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ssages%22%3A1% 2C%22authorid%22%3A%2291%22%2C%22channel%22%3A%222%22%2C %22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%2C% 22vBForum_Channel%22%5D%2C%22ignorelist%22%3A%2246063+46 176+46447%22%2C%22ignore_protected%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3 A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22asc%22%7D%7D

However, the search only returned 500 results out of his 36609​ posts. I don't know why but maybe Enzo's massive contribution exceeded the vBulletin softwarer's search limit or it's a setting thing.

Edit: The link doesn't seem to work even if the whole URL address is pasted into the browser. You can see the results if you open Enzo's profile and navigate to "Find all posts"

Comment

• Yes, Vbulletin defaults to 500 returned search results. It can be adjusted by the site admins, but I'm not sure searching that way is the most efficient anyway, unless one was going to try and sort through and compile them as bsco mentioned.

That would be a fantastic tool to have all in one place, but would be a *massive* undertaking for sure. If I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work, I would have started that already
                        RJ

Comment

• He was always so helpful!

Comment

• I'm just reading casually now. I'm very sorry, always present and helpful person, in 2008 he helped me modify my Peavey Classic 30 amp and more. Sincere condolences to the family.

RIP Enzo

Comment

• I'm just now seeing this 2/12/24. So sad to see Enzo has passed. He was a tremendous help to me. Condolences to the family and all his friends.

Comment

• I have been absent for quite awhile. Just getting back into amps now.
                                What a shame to come back to.
                                He was such a decent man and a willing helper on this forum.
                                I bought some stuff from him several years back when he was clearing out some test gear from his shop.
                                I had some nice correspondence with him.
                                My Mom was from Allegan Michigan, and i discussed that with him a bit.

And when i say "Decent"..... i do not mean mediocre or average. It is a complement of great praise.

I would like to ... virtually ... give a handshake, hug a smile, and shed some heart-felt tears to his family and close friends
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zquNjKjsfw
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiE-DBtWC5I
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472E...0OYTnWIkoj8Sna

Comment

Working...
                                X