Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent a message to Enzo's wife Wendy (Wenzo as he affectionately referred to her) reminding her this thread is still active with ongoing condolences and remembrances.
    She asked that I relay this response: "Let them know, please, that I appreciate these sentiments, it helps."
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• After several years, I returned to this forum, In fact, I didn't remember if this was the place I was looking for, then... zaz! I saw a publication from Mr. Enzo, confirming that this is the right place.
      And now I find out about the sensitive loss of Mr. Enzo.
      Why do I feel like I have lost a friend, even though I never had any interaction with Him?
      Every time I came to this forum looking for help with a diagram, or a guide to solving some electronic failure, Mr. Enzo could not be missing responding.
      Having read his notes were of great help.
      Rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

Comment

• The thing is Enzo was joyful in the way he approached the forum. He was a true friend to so many. Apparently he was needed in heaven to fix something really important. What also made Enzo so magnetic is why he chose to be here on MEF. They still come looking for the man. I think that would make him proud and I am sure he would want all the old timers to stick together.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

• I'll never forget Enzo, though I never met him. He taught me so much, with such kindness and patience, and yes, joy!

Comment

• I quote Enzo nearly every day, whenever I'm trying to share something I learned from him...

"Don't think of reasons NOT to check something."
            "Any part can go bad at any time for any reason."
            "Just because it's new doesn't mean it's GOOD."

Does anybody ever name-drop elsewhere? I do...

​​​​​​It's good to be back, even if some aren't here any longer...

Jusrin
            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
              I quote Enzo nearly every day, whenever I'm trying to share something I learned from him...
              Here's another one I remember: "A tube tester can tell you if a tube is bad - but not if it's good."

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Every time I whack my fist on the top of an amp I think of Enzo. In most universes that sounds like a bad thing. Our universe is just weird.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

• When I'm faced with a seemingly intractable problem I think to myself "What would Enzo do?".

Talking of Enzo quotes, as we were driving away from home a few days ago my wife said she thought she may have left the stove wide open, but had some doubt that she would have done that. I replied with "Never think up a reason not to check something" and we went back.

The other day when checking out a charging problem with my motorcycle I thought to myself "When you see hoof prints, think horses - not zebras." I think Enzo would have been delighted that his wisdom has stuck in people's minds.

Comment

Working...
                  X