Pre-war amp, not sure of make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Appreciate, but this field coil wiring would need 4 wires between chassis and speaker assy.
    Between chassis and speaker assy there are 4 wires; 2 wires for field coil and 2 wires for OT (compare sch and lay)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	926947 Click image for larger version  Name:	1.GIF Views:	0 Size:	492.8 KB ID:	926948
    It's All Over Now

Comment

VK, you're really eagle-eyed and alert .

So the OP seems to be wrong (or I misinterpreted) about only 3 wires between amp and speaker.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

So the OP seems to be wrong (or I misinterpreted) about only 3 wires between amp and speaker.
        Thank you
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_53752.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	926955
        It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by thelonious_crunk View Post
          So I managed to get it working first try, i did 19 caps in 3 hours and used my variac to slowly bring her to life. This was pretty straight forward. Its great and fairly quiet from any noise. Definitely sounds good. All 4 inputs work. Will be looking for the matched tube set soon. Oh, and no shocks, just a small soldering burn on my middle finger

Thanks for helping me
          Wow, that is like winning the lottery that it worked after just cap replacement. Seems like you did a good job on replacing them if it works so well.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post

Wow, that is like winning the lottery that it worked after just cap replacement. Seems like you did a good job on replacing them if it works so well.
            Only thanks to all of the people in this discussion. I know it can be difficult to coach people online. Yes i agree, but i had an idea it would because the original seller said it worked 'not long ago". But we all know how that goes...

Comment

Well i see 3 terminals on the speaker, unless one is ground. The speaker connector going from the amp is 4-prong. Either way, you guys helped me stay on the right track with this

Comment

Well i see 3 terminals on the speaker, unless one is ground. The speaker connector going from the amp is 4-prong. Either way, you guys helped me stay on the right track with this
                No doubt it is a 4-prong/4-pin plug, but the question is: How many wires are actually connecting to the plug?
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

No doubt it is a 4-prong/4-pin plug, but the question is: How many wires are actually connecting to the plug?
                  I see 4 on the other end as well. I see 3 leads are going to the OT. 1 goes to the speaker terminal. A couple wires also bridge a connection from the OT straight to the speaker terminals.

Comment

Please photo your speaker transformer both sides.
                    The speaker connector is on the bottom of the OT, on the top you see 3 wires of the OT (a1 / + HV / a2) and 1 wire of the field coil.
                    The other wire of the field coil is connected to the middle terminal of the OT.
                    On the speaker terminal you have 4 wire (see lay post # 76 and photo #78)
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

Possible one side of the OT secondary is soldered direct to the speaker frame, and one side of the voice coil is also.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        Possible one side of the OT secondary is soldered direct to the speaker frame, and one side of the voice coil is also.
                        I'm gonna send vintagekiki pics of it when i get home via email since my pics are too large from my phone on here

Comment

Oh, you can just look and tell us whether my notion is right or not.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            Oh, you can just look and tell us whether my notion is right or not.
                            Right

Comment

I'm gonna send vintagekiki pics of it when i get home via email since my pics are too large from my phone on here
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210321_211428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	927124 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210321_211420.jpg Views:	0 Size:	274.5 KB ID:	927123 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210321_211445.jpg Views:	0 Size:	300.4 KB ID:	927125
                              Thank you

1)
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Resize of 1.GIF Views:	7 Size:	423.3 KB ID:	927127

2)
                              Perfect
                              Pure natural antique clean sound, I haven't heard in a long time.
                              Last edited by vintagekiki; 03-22-2021, 09:42 AM. Reason: 2)
                              It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                              X