No announcement yet.

Laney TT50H No Outout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to understand what those readings mean. Do you mean on the 2000K resistance range C37 reads 013 ?
    Then I would say it is bad. Remove it and check it again out of circuit. It should measure into high Meg ohms or OL. A low resistance means it is shorted.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That's correct, on 2000k resistance range. I'll pull C37 and test it, do any of the other readings need parts pulled and tested?

Comment

C37 was the only one that really stood out. And like Jon Snell said, it was already the prime suspect. So hopefully it is the culprit here.
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

C37 out of circuit charges to OL on 2000k resistance range, discharges from about 190 to 0 on 200mv range. Checking for continuity after pulling C37, 1st photo shows C37 trace to the right near V6 has 0.00 in continuity range. Next two(2) photos show C37 trace going to pin#9 and empty location, both reading OL on continuity range. V5 pin#9 and the empty location on trace read 0.00 on continuity range? All other preamp tubes pin#9 read continuity to any connected trace except V5.

Comment

No pictures are showing.
            With C37 removed, what do you measure on the board at the C37 pads, use 200 ohm range on meter.

Comment

Jumped positive side of C37 trace to V5 pin#9 and have 0.00 on continuity range in all directions of trace.

Comment

Photos

Comment

Starts at 40 goes down to 0.4 then climbs to OL, did it several times, does the same every time C37 pads on 200k resistance range.

Comment

Correction: pin#1 on V5

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea what is going on here. Is that cap (removed) C37? And there is a trace connecting it's positive pad to V5 ?
                      The schematic shows no such thing. If we don't have the correct schematic for the amp, there is not much we can do.

Comment

Not sure about schematic but photo I posted clearly shows trace from C37 going to V5. I have a light under the board making traces easy to see.

Comment

Regardless of schematic errors, there is only one path to excess current draw to ground is either C37 leaking, the valve (very unlikely), valve holder or a solder bridge/damaged track.
                          With C37 out, V5 out and a replacement R43, what happens.
                          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
                          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Any suggestions at this point? If I replace R43, reinstall C37 and jump it to V5 am I likely to have same issue? Do you think R43 burning damaged the trace to V5 and there is still another issue? Thanks for the help on this.

Comment

Jon's post above was a suggestion.
                              Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
                              With C37 out, V5 out and a replacement R43, what happens.

Comment

I have to order R43, are you saying replace V5 socket also? I jumped C37 to V5 and have continuity? Not sure what's being said here.

Comment

Working...
                                X