• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?

Wow, it sure looks Different?
    Where am I?
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 06-08-2020, 06:37 AM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

I'm lost and I don't know how to do anything now.
    I used to have last read post at the top of the page, now it is at the bottom?
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Me too, this is topsy turvey land; kinda mirrors the way the world’s been heading!
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

No "What's New" button and no Thread Sort order option. I guess it's a work in progress...?
        Last edited by nickb; 06-08-2020, 09:28 AM.
        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Wow, this is new...
          Usually I can find my way to the "View Full Site" button, but not today!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Just kidding on the ree. But still lost. I can adapt... I CAN adapt...

Jusrin & Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

There are two clicky-things at the top of each thread: 'POSTS' and 'LATEST ACTIVITY.'

The default appears to be the latter, with the newest replies presented first. However, if you click the first you get the more familiar view of the whole thread from the top down.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

• tboy
              tboy commented
              Editing a comment
              If I log out and then click on a thread, the display defaults to the 'POSTS' tab.

Originally posted by nickb View Post
            No "What's New" button ?
            Indeed, What's New was my way of jumping in at each sign-on. What else? ---- Gonna go work on my car & amp repairs, check back in a couple days. Maybe.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Is this the new MEF, or a temporary "situation"?
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

Indeed, What's New was my way of jumping in at each sign-on. What else?
                I see "Today's Posts" at the top before I sign in but after I sign in it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

I see "Today's Posts" at the top before I sign in but after I sign in it's gone.
                  Try 'new topics' ?
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                    If you're not logged in the software has no way of knowing what you might have already seen, so it offers 'Today's Posts' as a way of showing the most recent forum activity. After you've logged in, 'New Topics' does more or less the same thing, but now it knows what you've seen before and only shows what's new for you..
                    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

• tboy
                      tboy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There's also the 'Latest Topics' and 'trending' blocks in the right sidebar.

At first glance. One thing I don't like is that if you hit "POSTS" at the top of the thread, you have to scroll through pages of posts to find where you left off. If you hit "LATEST ACTIVITY", it simply shows the thread in reverse order. You have to read posts in reverse, which means you might read a response to a post before you read the actual post because the thread is displayed in a reverse chronological fashion. The old version of the forum had a "GO TO FIRST UNREAD" option that would jump you ahead to your last read post in a thread, but still keep everything in chronological order. I much preferred that option. Is there a way to achieve that with the new layout or is there something I'm missing?
                    Last edited by The Dude; 06-10-2020, 01:01 AM.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      At first glance. One thing I don't like is that if you hit "POSTS" at the top of the thread, you have to scroll through pages of posts to find where you left off. If you hit "LATEST ACTIVITY", it simply shows the thread in reverse order. You have to read posts in reverse, which means you might read a response to a post before you read the actual post because the thread is displayed in a reverse chronological fashion. The old version of the forum had a "LAST READ" option that would jump you ahead to your last read post in a thread, but still keep everything in chronological order. I much preferred that option. Is there a way to achieve that with the new layout or is there something I'm missing?
                      Not exactly. You can go to the last post, in normal order, but not exactly where you left off, which it used to do.
                      When looking at the thread titles, on the far right, next to the most recent poster's avatar, there is an arrow. Click on that and it will take you to the last post, and not 'reverse order'. From there you have to scroll up to see any posts since you last read.
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Another problem which Bloomfield mentioned, the user avatar no longer shows location. This was incredibly helpful, as far as knowing line voltage, parts suppliers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          ...the user avatar no longer shows location.
                          Now that the upgrade is complete, I'll turn my attention to reading the part of the manual that covers actually using the software. Maybe there are ways to restore or replace any functionality that seems to have changed or gone missing.
                          -tb

Comment

• tboy
                            tboy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I suspect this new software has a number of pretty cool features that we have not yet discovered.
                        Working...
                        X