Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojotone Updates

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on some changes happening in regards to the concerns brought to my attention lately. I will be gradually switching suppliers for most of our less expensive nickel silver parts including humbucker covers. Any changes will only be for improvements with quality or fit, and not strictly cost savings related, I can assure that. For the time being we now offer American humbucker covers that fit all standard Gibson humbucker routes.

In regards to having a better stock of parts on hand we are diligently working on this. Unfortunately a small part of the solution means we have to discontinue most pickup parts across the board that do not sell very well, so we can focus more on the parts that do. I already have most of them showing clearance online. Most everything else will remain the same as long as we can source it for you. As usual new parts are being added on a regular basis so please keep checking. I will update you more as I can. Thanks!

David,

Would you mind posting a list of the PU related items that you will be discontinuing? That might give us a chance to stock up while we still can.
    I totally understand needing to streamline operations.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and ordered some oddball and clearance items last night

Comment

If I can get a chance, I will try and list out the clearance parts for everyone to see. For now they all show a red clearance tag across the parts that are on clearance. Keep in mind that just because I discontinue something doesn't mean we can't make it (flatwork) or special order it. The only thing to consider would be lead times and minimal order quantities.

Comment

I"m sure the noobs will complain about this too, LOL ;-)
          Thanks for the heads up from over here....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

You are discontinuing some parts I use on a regular basis! lol But thanks for letting me order through you anyway. I don't mind the minimum order requirements.

Also, regarding custom flatwork; I had gotten some in the past, and the dimensions were always off. I was told it was something due to a new laser tube being installed, but the holes for blades/piles were often too large, and one order had to be redone because it wasn't useable. I hope this is something that has been addressed because it's a good service to offer.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Yeah I thought of you David, when I saw all those no holes plastic bass pickup covers on the close out page.
              BTW David Shepherd the Mojotone website seems to be gone tonite, get an error message.....
              http://www.SDpickups.com
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I have been waiting to order from Mojo because the P and J pickup covers I want are out of stock. I guess I could just order the ones with out holes.
                What is irritating is that (because I was waiting for the pickup covers to be restocked) I missed out on the split single coil Jazz flatwork that was on clearance.
                What is also irritating is that the 0.195" magnets are only offered in packs of 6. Great for guitar pickups I guess, but for P or J pickups you need 8. Guess I could order 4 packs to make 3 pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                  I have been waiting to order from Mojo because the P and J pickup covers I want are out of stock. I guess I could just order the ones with out holes.
                  What is irritating is that (because I was waiting for the pickup covers to be restocked) I missed out on the split single coil Jazz flatwork that was on clearance.
                  What is also irritating is that the 0.195" magnets are only offered in packs of 6. Great for guitar pickups I guess, but for P or J pickups you need 8. Guess I could order 4 packs to make 3 pickups.
                  Lots of places sell P and J covers. Try WD Music, they have the same covers.

You can cut Jazz bobbins in half. Just get an extra bottom piece.

You can also get magnets at other places, or buy a few packs.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                    Lots of places sell P and J covers. Try WD Music, they have the same covers.

You can cut Jazz bobbins in half. Just get an extra bottom piece.

You can also get magnets at other places, or buy a few packs.
                    All this is true and has been considered. If I was buying large(er) quantities it would make sense.
                    This will be my first wind and budget is very tight. That said, I want to keep it down to a single source to keep shipping costs to a minimum. Mojotone provides everything I need/want...just not in stock.

Yes, I could cut the Jazz bobbin in half. Have thought about that too. Then I need the eyelets and a setting tool. I decided to go with the standard single coil Jazz bobbin to keep it simple. Eventually I would like cut my own flatwork but for my first wind I want to keep it simple and investment minimal.

For now I'll just wait until Mojo gets the pickup covers...and hopefully don't run out of something else in the meantime.

Comment

I'll just wait until Mojo gets the pickup covers...and hopefully don't run out of something else in the meantime.
                      Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies Guitar building tools and parts

http://www.stewmac.com/

Take a peek here.

HTH,
                      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                      Milano, Italy

Comment

Will check out the Philadelphia Luthier Tools and Supplies. Thanks!
                        I have checked Stewmac. That is usually my first stop for parts. They have a Precision pickup kit and a Jazz bass kit (which includes both Neck and Bridge pups). They will not break up the Jazz kit for a PJ pickup combo.

Comment

Will check out the Philadelphia Luthier Tools and Supplies. Thanks!
                          I have checked Stewmac. That is usually my first stop for parts. They have a Precision pickup kit and a Jazz bass kit (which includes both Neck and Bridge pups). They will not break up the Jazz kit for a PJ pickup combo.
                          I've been shopping with StewMac since the late 70s, but they are too expensive for pickup parts. Mojo has assembled Jazz and Precision bobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                            I've been shopping with StewMac since the late 70s, but they are too expensive for pickup parts. Mojo has assembled Jazz and Precision bobbins.
                            They are a bit pricey but worth it if you don't have to pay shipping for more than one place. Allparts is pricey as well. Mojotone seems like the best one-stop-shop but I need to wait for them get everything I need in stock so I don't have to place multiple orders.

Comment

Lucas. Look into applying for a state tax id number and setting yourself up as a business. You will suddenly see Allparts prices drop by 50%, and many of Mojo's prices too. (You have to let them know you're a bone fide business of course.)

Comment

Working...
                              X