Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much Jim.

Comment

Talk about an increase .Last time I bought these they were only $1.90 a set
      Mini Humbucker Bobbins
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        Talk about an increase .Last time I bought these they were only $1.90 a set
        Mini Humbucker Bobbins
        Funny - a month or so ago they were almost $6!
        Jack Briggs

sigpic
        www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by jack briggs View Post
          Funny - a month or so ago they were almost $6!
          I looked at an invoice from 2010, and they were $2 for a pair.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

The cheapest I ever paid was $2.00, for a pair.
            If your selling mini buckers, you just have to price them accordingly.
            I wish mojo could get the kits all restocked, I liked some of their pickup kits.
            Especially if your just making a one-off pickup.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Those Mini humbucker bobbins are more expensive than Butyrate PAF Bobbins now .WTH
              I've noticed there bucker slugs are gone up about a 50 percent increase in the last couple of months as well.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                I looked at an invoice from 2010, and they were $2 for a pair.
                Last time I bought them (6-7 months ago) they were $2. Then I noticed a drastic price increase a month or two ago. Today's price seems a little more in line with reality.
                Jack Briggs

sigpic
                www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Maybe the squeaky wheel got the grease ..
                  mini bobbins are only $2.88 a set now
                  Mini Humbucker Bobbins

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                    Maybe the squeaky wheel got the grease ..
                    mini bobbins are only $2.88 a set now
                    Mini Humbucker Bobbins
                    They were $2 when I bought some this past April. So they went up...
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

• Any luck getting those bobbins to fit the strat and tele sized blades in vintage White?
                      I've been told for two years now, that they were going to be on the next order.
                      We are very limited with black only.
                      The Half round bobbin will fit both Teles and strats.
                      Vintage White, and Regular White would both be great.
                      I think you would be surprised how many would sell if you had them.
                      This is the one we want, in vintage white, and regular white, but vintage white for sure!
                      http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...mbucker-Bobbin
                      How About it Dav. Shep?
                      T
                      Last edited by big_teee; 08-19-2014, 03:48 AM.
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                        Any luck getting the bobbins to fit the strat and tele sized blades in vintage White?
                        I've been told for two years now, that they were going to be on the next order.
                        We are very limited with black only.
                        The Half round bobbin will fit both Teles and strats.
                        Vintage White, and Regular White would both be great.
                        I think you would be surprised how many would sell if you had them.
                        This is the one we want, in vintage white, and regular white, but vintage white for sure!
                        Tele/Strat Blade Pickup Humbucker Bobbin
                        How About it Dav. Shep?
                        T
                        I also asked him about closed covers, like the EMG strat pickups. They carry the humbucker version.

And the other blade bobbins for Strats; there's two different sizes available, the other size is slightly shorter and fit into covers.

I'd like to see those offered.

But it seems that no one buys many of the parts that aren't vintage style pickups, since they discontinued so many covers.

Comment

• I received an order from Mojo last week and a few times were backordered. Not big deal. This week, those same backordered items appeared to be in stock per the website. I thought I'd call before placing another order. Turns out some of the items were NOT in stock (which included 50mm and 53mm keepers). The Mojo person said they have been having problems with the online ordering/availability showing up correctly.

All that to say, if you are putting in an order, best call and confirm it is all available before pulling the trigger. Well, at least if you are from outside the U.S. where shipping and border clearing costs can really add up.

Just thought I'd pass that along.
                          Take Care,

Jim. . .
                          VA3DEF

Comment

• I always put stipulation notes on my orders to mojo.
                            If anything I ordered is not available, to email me first before shipping anything.
                            That way I can determine whether to cancel the order, or have them ship the rest.
                            I usually cancel what is missing, and reorder it at another time.
                            Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                              I always put stipulation notes on my orders to mojo.
                              If anything I ordered is not available, to email me first before shipping anything.
                              That way I can determine whether to cancel the order, or have them ship the rest.
                              I usually cancel what is missing, and reorder it at another time.
                              At the end of the day I placed an order to get MOJO's "Labour Day Sale" 15% discount that ends midnight tonight. I'll just wait for the back order items that are prepaid, but with the discount applied.
                              Take Care,

Jim. . .
                              VA3DEF
                              ____________________________________________________
                              In the immortal words of Dr. Johnny Fever, “When everyone is out to get you, paranoid is just good thinking.”

Comment

• Why do "volume" knobs cost a buck or two more than "tone" knobs? Top Hat Guitar Knobs

"V" must be a very expensive letter to print!

Also, it might make more sense to sell them in pairs of "one volume and one tone", rather than "two volumes" or "two tones." I've never seen a guitar with only two volume controls or only two tone controls, but plenty of guitars with just one of each.

I don't really need a serious answer. It was just a funny anomaly to stumble across when recommending a source of knobs to a client. Thought I'd share.

Comment

Working...
                                X