Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zparts View Post
    Hi folks,

I appreciate everyone's support and feedback. This is a year of change for us improving leads times, increasing stock levels, improving specs, etc. It is a gradual process unfortunately, part by part, out of hundreds of parts. Our keeper bars are changing spec to be thicker which has required new tooling. Our supplier will have normal lead times after getting through the tooling, approving samples, etc process. Unfortunately it holds things up for the moment, and I feel the same pain of waiting, but I know the quality will be better. Keep in mind being out of parts holds our pickup production too as we feed from the warehouse stock. This directly affects me and the pressure to improve things. Please be patient, it is getting better. Thanks.
    I wonder where Mojotone got to on the thicker keeper bars?
    Has anyone got any of the newer thicker mojo keeper bars?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      I wonder where Mojotone got to on the thicker keeper bars?
      Has anyone got any of the newer thicker mojo keeper bars?
      T
      American 10 Hole Keeper Bar 49.2mm

Is it this one?
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

• Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        No it was supposed to be the generic stamped bar.
        It would also be the one in the kits.
        I'm hoping it will be for all 49.2, 50, & 53mm bars.
        I sent David Shepherd a email, waiting for a get back.
        Last edited by big_teee; 01-07-2015, 06:01 PM.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

• I was explained the following!
          The 1/8" stamped keeper project fell through.
          The supplier sprang unexpected large extra tooling charges, and wanted to jack up the price per each.
          So it is still a consideration with Mojo, but they are back to Square One.
          I was told this was TBC.
          Stand by for updates, but in the near future, don't hold your breath.
          T
          Terry

Comment

• I was wondering if Mojo might want to weigh in on the Mini, and firebird cover size debate?
            So Mojo is there a reason why your cover is longer than typical firebird Covers?
            I refer to the following Thread.
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t38514/#post373870
            Tnx,
            Terry
            Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              I was wondering if Mojo might want to weigh in on the Mini, and firebird cover size debate?
              So Mojo is there a reason why your cover is longer than typical firebird Covers?
              I refer to the following Thread.
              http://music-electronics-forum.com/t38514/#post373870
              Tnx,
              Terry
              Most Firebird pickups are longer now. In fact the ONLY pickup maker I know of that still makes the short "vintage" sized is SD. BUT, they are too short for the current rings and will only fill out the older Gibson rings. You will notice a gap on the ends when people mount them into current production guitars which is what most people are swapping pickups in. That's why we do longer current day covers.

Comment

Working...
              X