Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit. I'm glad I got to meet him in person several years ago and purchase some things from him including my variac. Aside from an extreme wealth of knowledge, I appreciated his wit and straight talk. This year has not been good with the loss of four family members including my dad in June, and now this. I know we all have an expiration date but doggone it, Enzo had so much to offer and freely gave it. Godspeed my friend, hopefully one day we'll meet again.
    --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

• Some thoughts from the family, sent from Wendy:

"Please let the folks at the forum know that the family has been reading that tribute thread and it really has been wonderful. I talked to his sister last night and she said that she always knew that he 'fixed things', but after reading that thread she now knows how influential and how many lives he touched. He was always pretty humble about his influence. I knew how many hours he spent on it, and knew his impact (after all, I actually saw him in action at the trade shows for coin operated amusements) but it's really meant something to us."

RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by corliss1 View Post
        Some thoughts from the family, sent from Wendy:

"Please let the folks at the forum know that the family has been reading that tribute thread and it really has been wonderful. I talked to his sister last night and she said that she always knew that he 'fixed things', but after reading that thread she now knows how influential and how many lives he touched. He was always pretty humble about his influence. I knew how many hours he spent on it, and knew his impact (after all, I actually saw him in action at the trade shows for coin operated amusements) but it's really meant something to us."

Fantastic.....that is very moving to say the least...

Comment

• I dont log on too much here anymore, I visit occasionally to search for "Enzo" threads when I'm in a bind with some repair... Very sad news, immense loss to this community. Enzo was a huge wealth of information - the best, I learned a lot from him on this forum. RIP Enzo, you will be missed.

Comment

That's good to know- not for us, but to know that the family is learning of Enzo's influence here. Thank you for the update and I hope, at the risk of sounding cliché, Wendy and the family are doing well.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• This is sad sad news... such a generous person giving his time and advice. A great role model.

Comment

He was like the father of this forum. I can tell you from participating here for years that no one here was more respected than Enzo. I was shocked when i checked i a couple weeks ago after a long absence to see he is gone. Major loss to everyone....

Comment

• Maybe I shouldn't bother saying it, and I mean no disrespect to the fantastic membership that remains here, but... I really feel Enzo's absence here every day and the place isn't the same without him.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                    Maybe I shouldn't bother saying it, and I mean no disrespect to the fantastic membership that remains here, but... I really feel Enzo's absence here every day and the place isn't the same without him.
                    I feel that too, but that has motivated me to try harder to be a resource for others here when it seems appropriate, even if I am not the most knowledgeable on every subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by glebert View Post

I feel that too, but that has motivated me to try harder to be a resource for others here when it seems appropriate, even if I am not the most knowledgeable on every subject.
                      Glebert.. I feel the same. I am not at the top tier when it comes to tech advice. But I do think of myself as Level 1 Support - (1) It's plugged in? (2) Circuit breaker has not tripped, (3) Fuse blown, (4) Here is a schematic, (5) Here is where you can find a replacement part, and (6) If I had the exact same problem and I have what I believe is a fix, offer it up as a problem / solution to look at. I built a checklist, based on things I found at RG's Geofex site and from other posts, with the majority coming from Enzo advice/solutions. And if all that doesn't work, stand aside while the issue is escalated to our senior and more experienced members !! :-)

Comment

• Problem is that the forum seems to be starving from low request since maybe 3 years.
                        I never directly contacted Enzo, but a while ago he sent me a PM suggesting that I should also check other places like diyaudio.com.
                        Probably felt that I was getting bored.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• I'm reminded of a guy I worked with that gained a lot of experience working as an electronics tech on a aircraft carrier. His job was to repair and maintain the various black boxes used in jet aircraft. There were a dozen or so techs that did the same job. When ever he got something he didn't know how to fix, there was always someone with more experience that he could ask for help. Then one day he looked around and all those guys were gone. He had the most experience.

And so it goes on MEF. There have been people that have passed away or don't come around here anymore. Steve Connor, Steve A., R.G., Bruce / Mission Amps and now Enzo. We mourn their passing, but must push on to honor their contribution and spread the knowledge they have imparted to us.

WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• I'm just hearing about this now, as I'm really not on here that often but what a blow. I actually happened upon the bad news while referencing a thread that of course, Enzo had the solution for. He was gifted with the rare level of intelligence that allows someone to translate their know-how to others in a manner that is easily understood. The world is blessed that he left behind the knowledge he did.

Comment

• Man, what a great loss to us all. Enzo always was helpful to me, and was just snippy enough to keep me on my toes and making me be sure to ask intelligent questions and think things thru.

Thanks so much Enzo….safe travels and Godspeed

Comment

• being retired and not into much music gear repair anymore, I don't post much.....everytime I get an email notification that somebody has posted to this thread, I go in and check it out....it sort of brings a small tear in my eye....I have never had the privelidge of meeting Enzo...his impact here on this site and others is really a testament to his willingness to help other people and ask for nothing in return...I am sure that all the sites that he contributed to will sadly miss him.....and rightfully so...he was definately one of a kind.....keep his posts available for gods sake....it is the only contact that we will ever have with him........

Comment

Working...
                                X