Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The contents of this thread make abundantly clear that one doesn't need to have great accomplishments in life, or high status, to be remembered and valued. All you have to do is be pleasant, decent and helpful to people, each and every day, without favor or bias, and you'll be remembered. Maybe not in the history books or newspapers, or as People's "Sexiest Man Alive", but certainly in the hearts of many.

Comment

• Wait wait, you're saying Enzo's NOT the sexiest man alive??? Have you SEEN that wizard beard?
      RJ

Comment

• I know The Mighty Enzo, from bailing my arse out on another forum,for the past 10 years.

If anyoneone from Cowtown Ohio needs a ride, hit me up.

Comment

• Today's event was great - thank you SO MUCH to everyone who showed up.

I have a giveaway to share for you all, so you can get something from Enzo one last time. I commissioned this run of guitar picks to share at the event, and would like to offer them to forum members here as well. I'll be sending these out within the US for free to anyone who asks. Please limit yourself to 10 - that will get you one whole set if you want one of each color. They are all standard Fender medium picks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	310122046_557776156105373_7898312126753165586_n.png
Views:	591
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	969836

Name:	309598821_639676934460865_3923327151466652917_n.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	969838

Just send me a PM with your shipping info, how many you want, and which colors using the number at the top, and I'll get them sent out.
          Attached Files
          RJ

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Name:	fdem1.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	969848
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Enzo was frank yet ever encouraging, I always looked forward to what he had to say. RIP.

Comment

• I have been away from the forum for a couple of months and I just checked in to see what’s going on. I am shocked and sad to hear of Enzo’s passing. My deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

No disrespect to anyone else, but I am sure I am not alone - whenever I have posted a technical question, I was always pleased by the responses you lot gave me, but I secretly hoped that Enzo would answer, as he had a great way of explaining and teaching folks like me. And, of course, he always did chip in with a few pearls of wisdom and never let me feel stupid asking for help.

RIP Enzo.

Comment

• Just got the news from g1, so sad. Enzo was the first to reply to my posts something like 15 years ago, and he helped me with every problem I've had to date. Although we never met, we did talk privately & I felt close to him.
                  I will miss you, old friend.

Anything this forum can do for Mrs Enzo? Please?
                  I'm not old - I'm vintage

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Blackdog View Post
                    whenever I have posted a technical question, I was always pleased by the responses you lot gave me, but I secretly hoped that Enzo would answer, as he had a great way of explaining and teaching folks like me. And, of course, he always did chip in with a few pearls of wisdom and never let me feel stupid asking for help.
                    Enzo alluded on more than one occasion that he fancied himself a teacher. Part of his reasoning was that it was the best way to get the most performance from any co workers he had and even helpers he had in his own shop later. I probably couldn't find the posts now. They were few and far between. But he absolutely saw himself in that role. And it always shined through, didn't it?
                    Last edited by Chuck H; 10-05-2022, 04:02 AM.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• mtlbasslad - send me a PM and I can get you more details about Mrs Enzo
                      RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post

Enzo alluded on more than one occasion that he fancied himself a teacher.
                        His mentoring was very important to him and I think he found it very rewarding. It was always clear that more than just being able to do the immediate 'fix' he wanted you take away something from his posts that would help further your troubleshooting skills. The kindness, generosity, and humour were the bonus 'gravy' (which he also loved ).

Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Googled an issue that I am having on a Univox tremolo and of course it took me to an MEF thread where Enzo gave a wonderfully explained answer to the question, and gave some of his own theories on tremolo operation in general. It was strange to feel like he is still with us because those replies are still there waiting to be found (although never with the forum's own search function...).

In my mind MEF is now for Master Enzo's Forum.

Comment

• RIP Enzo - you are appreciated and will be missed. I'll see you in the next domain.

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
                              His mentoring was very important to him and I think he found it very rewarding. It was always clear that more than just being able to do the immediate 'fix' he wanted you take away something from his posts that would help further your troubleshooting skills. The kindness, generosity, and humour were the bonus 'gravy' (which he also loved ).
                              Definitely, 100%. He taught many technicians over the years, specifically in the pinball/arcade/coin operated industry, but he's taught SO MANY over the internet through forums that the number probably couldn't be counted. He got just as much out of helping out everyone as we did learning.
                              RJ

Comment

• So sad... He just sent me a set of schematics for something a few months ago... I will certainly think of him on the regular. I have personally learned a ton from his posts alone. He affected the lives of so many. He will most certainly be missed. What a great human!

Comment

Working...
                                X