No announcement yet.

WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In general Like counter is not functional.

https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/forum-software-qa

Topic "Profile Problems" according to statistics has 0 likes, the actual situation is 84 likes.
    Topic "WTF?" according to statistics there are 4 likes, the actual situation is 3 likes.
    It's All Over Now

Comment

• Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
      In general Like counter is not functional..
      I think maybe it's just counting the likes given to the first post in each thread.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

• Things I miss from the old forum:

At the bottom of most pages there used to be a quick navigation drop down. It allowed me to go from Theory straight to Build your Amp without having to load the intermediate page.

Also at the bottom was the Time stamp, just helpful to know when I last loaded the page I'm looking at. Now I see it! It would be nice if the date was also included.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• What happened? When I click on "Today's Posts", there's nothing? Is it just me, or did something break?
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            What happened? When I click on "Today's Posts", there's nothing? Is it just me, or did something break?
            I must have broken it while attempting a modification. Stand by for the fix.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

• Working for me right now.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Secure Connection Failed
                Error code: SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ALERT

https://archive.ampage.org/

https://schematichell.com/
                Last edited by tboy; 06-17-2020, 07:35 AM.
                It's All Over Now

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with the new software. Like any update it just takes a bit getting used to and adjusting the settings. However I'm stuck in one area. I'm not getting any emails for threads that I believe I'm subscribed to, it is all enabled in 'user settings'.

Also, I can't seem to find a list of subscribed threads. Edit - I just found that and I see that I it doesn't quite match my expectations. I'll try some manual tweaking and see what happens.
                  Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
                    Secure Connection Failed
                    Error code: SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION_ALERT

https://archive.ampage.org/

https://schematichell.com/
                    We both had this problem before the update. It is because we are on old versions of Firefox (ESR), and has nothing to do with the update.
                    We talked about it in another thread before the update, I can't remember which one. It has to do with security settings that are not supported by the ESR version of Firefox.
                    All that being said, I suppose it could be made to work as the rest of the forum works fine with the ESR firefox.

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Right after the new software was installed, and all of us were trying to find our sea legs with this new system, I started getting emails from the General Manager at CenterStaging, where my shop/lab is located. He was getting bombarded with emails from ever post I replied to or composed. Turned out the CenterStaging email listed in my Account settings was an older address, and somehow they were hitting his email account. I corrected that, then turned off that Sending email notification routine.

I didn't know what the subscriptions were, but finally found the long list of subscriptions being all of the threads I had contributed to, either by starting the thread or contributing to threads over the years. There's still loads of items in the User Settings that I've no clue about;
                      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

• There is a setting that subscribes you to every thread you post in, so it could be that.

Comment

• It seems that I have hit a real bug. I had turned on many of the the emailed notification messages as a workaround for the subscription issues** but I can't reset them. If I uncheck then save I just get a blank page and the settings are not changed.

**by the way i still have this issue that I am not automatically subscribed to a thread I create/post to. I have hit the "subscribe" button. I'm fine with that but I'm not sure if that is the way it is supposed to work.

PS: And, now, strangely, it works OK again. Yea!
                          Last edited by nickb; 06-26-2020, 09:57 PM.
                          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• I recently made a donation to the forum but did not receive a confirmation message as before.
                            Other experiences?
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                              I recently made a donation to the forum but did not receive a confirmation message as before.
                              Other experiences?
                              I had the same experience
                              If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

• I'm going to try a 'donatation' instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X