Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new scam email today, concerning paypal.
    I hope it is a scam, says I will see the charge on my credit card in a few days.
    Since I don't have paypal, this is probably just a phishing expedition?
    See Screenshots.
    T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-16 11-43-52.png Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	920452
    Attached Files

"If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
    Terry

Comment

Crypto anyone?
      Legitimate, or Scam?
      Check out this ad for 8.6% interest on crypto cd savings?
      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-...tsrc=fin-notif
      T

Terry

Comment

It’s important to note that the higher interest rates BlockFi offers on its accounts carry a special set of risks. Unlike traditional savings accounts, BlockFi’s are not FDIC-insured, which means they don’t carry the traditional $250,000 of protection per depositor. Even BlockFi’s disclaimer warns customers that their savings account “is not a risk-free product and loss of principal is possible.”

I think its still really volatile. I bought some bitcoin through paypal as they now sell it. I only put $8 in which is $0.003 of a bit coin. Today it is worth $11. This is over a 3 week period.
        I only did such a small amount just to test the waters. Not really sure I want to dump a lot of real coin for a digital one.

nosaj
        Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Comment

I still don't really understand the cryptocurrency world.
          I've been reading on this, and looking for a etf, or mutual fund with some crypto in it.
          https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/...beyond-bitcoin

T

Terry

Comment

They claim 20% of all bitcoin is 'lost'. That's approx. $140 billion at current value.

man offers council 70 million to dig up bitcoin hard drive
            Last edited by g1; 01-17-2021, 02:56 AM.
            "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

Comment

More Scam calls.
              I keep getting the amazon charge scam call.
              I just got a call from my local prefix saying, a $900+ charge has been charged to Amazon.
              I immediately held down a number tone key, then I told him to go to hell and quit calling me.
              I guess that POed him.
              In a few minutes he called back on a different area code, and number.
              He told me to go F myself and hung up.
              Never had one call the second time like that.
              So I will not answer anymore unknowns today.
              I answer to keep them from loading up the answering machine.
              I wish there was a way to catch these bastards, and make an example of them.
              T

Terry

Comment

At least you know that you pissed him off. That's maybe a tiny bit of satisfaction.
                "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Comment

I guess everyone heard about the Colonial Pipeline hack?
                  https://thehackernews.com/2021/05/ra...d-largest.html
                  Sounds like RansomWare is a real threat and as big a problem as ever?
                  Today I updated all my computers AV, and did Scans, everything looks OK right now.
                  I recommend you stay vigilant out there!
                  T

Terry

Comment

Got a new phone scam today, at least it is new to me.
                    The phone IDs as JM Kingston 876-854-8364.
                    He knew my name, and said that he is with Publishers Clearing House PCH, and that I won a prize.
                    I told him I didn't do business over the phone and hung up.
                    He called right back and it ID's as unknown caller.
                    I let my wife answer.
                    She told him the same thing, not doing biz over the phone, and he would have to show up at the door with the giant sized check, then she might talk!
                    She hung up.
                    I researched him on the web and he is in Jamaica, guess that is why he couldn't come to the door.
                    He would have to take a boat or plane.
                    Just wanted everyone to be aware of this.
                    We still get the Amazon charge scam, almost daily.
                    I either have to answer, or delete those calls off the answering machine.
                    Answering is easier, and more fun, just don't fall for any of their tricks!
                    T

Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X