Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new scam email today, concerning paypal.
    I hope it is a scam, says I will see the charge on my credit card in a few days.
    Since I don't have paypal, this is probably just a phishing expedition?
    See Screenshots.
    T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-16 11-43-52.png Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	920452
    Attached Files

"If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride!" Scottish Proverb 1600s
    Terry

Comment

Crypto anyone?
      Legitimate, or Scam?
      Check out this ad for 8.6% interest on crypto cd savings?
      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-...tsrc=fin-notif
      T

Terry

Comment

It’s important to note that the higher interest rates BlockFi offers on its accounts carry a special set of risks. Unlike traditional savings accounts, BlockFi’s are not FDIC-insured, which means they don’t carry the traditional $250,000 of protection per depositor. Even BlockFi’s disclaimer warns customers that their savings account “is not a risk-free product and loss of principal is possible.”

I think its still really volatile. I bought some bitcoin through paypal as they now sell it. I only put $8 in which is $0.003 of a bit coin. Today it is worth $11. This is over a 3 week period.
        I only did such a small amount just to test the waters. Not really sure I want to dump a lot of real coin for a digital one.

nosaj
        Binkie McFartnuggets‏:If we really wanted to know the meaning of life we would have fed Stephen Hawking shrooms a long time ago.

Comment

I still don't really understand the cryptocurrency world.
          I've been reading on this, and looking for a etf, or mutual fund with some crypto in it.
          https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/...beyond-bitcoin

T

Terry

Comment

They claim 20% of all bitcoin is 'lost'. That's approx. $140 billion at current value.

man offers council 70 million to dig up bitcoin hard drive
            Last edited by g1; 01-17-2021, 02:56 AM.
            "Everything is better with a tube. I have a customer with an all-tube pacemaker. His heartbeat is steady, reassuring and dependable, not like a modern heartbeat. And if it goes wrong he can fix it himself. You can't do that with SMD." - Mick Bailey

Comment

Working...
            X