Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new scam email today, concerning paypal.
    I hope it is a scam, says I will see the charge on my credit card in a few days.
    Since I don't have paypal, this is probably just a phishing expedition?
    See Screenshots.
    T

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-16 11-43-52.png Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	920452
    Attached Files
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Crypto anyone?
      Legitimate, or Scam?
      Check out this ad for 8.6% interest on crypto cd savings?
      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-...tsrc=fin-notif
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

It’s important to note that the higher interest rates BlockFi offers on its accounts carry a special set of risks. Unlike traditional savings accounts, BlockFi’s are not FDIC-insured, which means they don’t carry the traditional $250,000 of protection per depositor. Even BlockFi’s disclaimer warns customers that their savings account “is not a risk-free product and loss of principal is possible.”

I think its still really volatile. I bought some bitcoin through paypal as they now sell it. I only put $8 in which is $0.003 of a bit coin. Today it is worth $11. This is over a 3 week period.
        I only did such a small amount just to test the waters. Not really sure I want to dump a lot of real coin for a digital one.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I still don't really understand the cryptocurrency world.
          I've been reading on this, and looking for a etf, or mutual fund with some crypto in it.
          https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/...beyond-bitcoin

T
          Terry

Comment

They claim 20% of all bitcoin is 'lost'. That's approx. $140 billion at current value.

man offers council 70 million to dig up bitcoin hard drive
            Last edited by g1; 01-17-2021, 02:56 AM.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

More Scam calls.
              I keep getting the amazon charge scam call.
              I just got a call from my local prefix saying, a $900+ charge has been charged to Amazon.
              I immediately held down a number tone key, then I told him to go to hell and quit calling me.
              I guess that POed him.
              In a few minutes he called back on a different area code, and number.
              He told me to go F myself and hung up.
              Never had one call the second time like that.
              So I will not answer anymore unknowns today.
              I answer to keep them from loading up the answering machine.
              I wish there was a way to catch these bastards, and make an example of them.
              T
              Terry

Comment

At least you know that you pissed him off. That's maybe a tiny bit of satisfaction.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I guess everyone heard about the Colonial Pipeline hack?
                  https://thehackernews.com/2021/05/ra...d-largest.html
                  Sounds like RansomWare is a real threat and as big a problem as ever?
                  Today I updated all my computers AV, and did Scans, everything looks OK right now.
                  I recommend you stay vigilant out there!
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Got a new phone scam today, at least it is new to me.
                    The phone IDs as JM Kingston 876-854-8364.
                    He knew my name, and said that he is with Publishers Clearing House PCH, and that I won a prize.
                    I told him I didn't do business over the phone and hung up.
                    He called right back and it ID's as unknown caller.
                    I let my wife answer.
                    She told him the same thing, not doing biz over the phone, and he would have to show up at the door with the giant sized check, then she might talk!
                    She hung up.
                    I researched him on the web and he is in Jamaica, guess that is why he couldn't come to the door.
                    He would have to take a boat or plane.
                    Just wanted everyone to be aware of this.
                    We still get the Amazon charge scam, almost daily.
                    I either have to answer, or delete those calls off the answering machine.
                    Answering is easier, and more fun, just don't fall for any of their tricks!
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

• The latest Ransomware to effect many countries, it's another attack by REvil.
                      It is a Russia based Cyber Hacking company, effecting 1,000 businesses, in at least 17 countries.
                      The attack was on Kaseya VSA, a cloud based IT management and remote monitoring Co.
                      The Ransom demand is for $70 million, in bitcoin.
                      The Ransomware Hack is detailed here on Hackers News.
                      https://thehackernews.com/2021/07/re...ansomware.html
                      Be safe out there.
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

• ATTENTION WINDOWS USERS!
                        Microsoft issues immediate software updates.
                        Microsoft is urging Windows users to immediately install an update after security researchers found a serious vulnerability in the operating system.
                        Here is the report.
                        https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/tech/...ate/index.html
                        If you are a windows user, please update your Windows system software!
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

• Here's a video I stumbled on to.
                          Was just going to watch a minute of it, and ended up watching all 14 minutes of it.
                          This guy gives the scammers a taste of their own medicine!
                          Check it out.

Terry

Comment

• how do phone scammers know if you're on medicare or Social Security?
                            I get calls, and they ask me if this is Terry K.
                            How do they know my info?
                            Is Medicare and SS people on a public record somewhere?
                            I've searched this on google, and I don't get anything.
                            T
                            Terry

Comment

• Checkout a tv show on Vice called Black Market with michael K. Williams. They get your info from healthcare breaches.
                              nosaj
                              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

• Often times, they don't know. You know, the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" thing. I get spam in my email that says my facebook account has been hacked. I don't have a facebook account. They just guess. I suppose it's the same in your case. If you are on medicare, great. If not, they haven't lost anything.
                                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                                X