Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhoads View Post
    My last emailed order was on the 23rd July. Since then two emails asking why we havent heard back, or had anything charged to the card.

Previously, at least two other order emails in the last three months, requesting OEM items just be sent (no need to quote first), and two follow up emails for each before we just sourced elsewhere (at a considerably higher cost).

I was in California during June, and was so tempted to just go visit the address we have listed for them, just to see the place for myself and purchase items on the spot.
    Bummer.

I was going to do a small order with them this week, I'd hate to throw good money after bad.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Well I'm on the lost-contact crew now too.

Anyone know where I can get some ceramic (HB) magnets?
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• dennis has 1/8" thick C8 magnets
        http://stores.ebay.com/Addiction-FX-...subZ1642849015
        other than that i got a quote from SensMag
        Guitar Pickups Magnets -SENS Magnetic Products, Inc
        shipping is a little steep better by in bulk
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          dennis has 1/8" thick C8 magnets
          items - Get great deals on Humbucker Bobbins, Pole Screws items on eBay Stores!
          other than that i got a quote from SensMag
          Guitar Pickups Magnets -SENS Magnetic Products, Inc
          shipping is a little steep better by in bulk
          Have you bought any from the ebay guy? are they alright?

I don't need bulk right now, just a dozen or so.
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• ii have bought most of his alnico magnets except the ceramics i just have not tried them yet
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
              Have you bought any from the ebay guy? are they alright?

I don't need bulk right now, just a dozen or so.
              His name is Dennis. The guy's legit, have a broad sortiment of Alnico, delivers fast, EXCELLENT prices. The ones I've tried until now are good sounding (A4 roughcast, UnOriented A5, A8 roughcast)

I don't do ceramics, I'm afraid.
              Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
              Milano, Italy

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                ii have bought most of his alnico magnets except the ceramics i just have not tried them yet
                I have used a few of the alnico 2 and 5's. They sounded fine to me.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• I guess I'll give him a go then, thanks all.
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• What's the Latest on GJ?
                    Either their Website is down, or they threw in the towell?
                    I was going to see what they had on SC stuff, And Nuthin!!!
                    Sure seems like some reliability issues???
                    Curious,
                    Terry
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

• My latest order was for 5 gold Firebird covers, that was about Oct/Nov 2010.

Several things can cause the site to be down. Server, didn't renew the domain, didn't pay the hosting fee, etc.

FWIW, I ordered online, paid full price shown on the site, had to email 3-4 times to get a response. I let the order go pending for 7 days before I emailed about the order.

I got a response but I don't think it was from Pat. Maybe the new person who took over after Pat???

Maybe it is game over for GJ, as we all know the car has been broken for a long time, now the wheels just may have fallen off. Time for the scrap yard.

Comment

• did GJ show at NAMM this year? I noticed the other day that they were down. This inconsistancy makes me a little nervous to place an order.
                        www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Klein View Post
                          Several things can cause the site to be down.
                          Yes, the first is the domain name. It expired the 2nd of february, 2011 and haven't been renewed yet.

To renew it for three years cost less than $ 30 bucks, so what's this telling you...?

It's a darned shame. Pat had a lot of unique things and one of the best small order pricing for most things.
                          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                          Milano, Italy

Comment

• Looks like nothing has changed. Unreliability and risk is common with GJ, some of it documented in this thread.
                            int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                            www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

• The website is back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkat View Post
                                Looks like nothing has changed. Unreliability and risk is common with GJ, some of it documented in this thread.
                                Yeah, communication is not in his/their skills set(s).
                                ie... sprintf(NULL);

Back when the rumors were flying (the first time) I had a friend with "investment potential" ($$$$$$) and tried to get some dialog going with GJ, the guy totally blew me off, no responses, no form-letter, phone reply, nothing, then we heared he sold it to whoever owns it now and it's worse than ever. My guy became un-interested with GJ's lack of professional conduct and withdrew his interest in buying the business.
                                (dang!)
                                -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                                X