No announcement yet.

Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to bump this thread but i'm hoping someone has some new info on GJUsa. I work with a wood shop program at Junior High Schools and we have been using Alex/Pat for years now. We are searching for a new parts source at the moment but haven't been successful as of yet.

Last order came thru with flying colors a few months ago, now no contact at all... Luckily we don't have an order in, but are going to need place one ASAP to get the kids guitars done.

If you want to check out the guitars that the kids are building

WoodShopRocks.com

Comment

update:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14995-3/#post138700
      Last edited by David Schwab; 01-08-2010, 12:38 PM. Reason: edited as per Peter's request to reflect current status

Comment

R Walker,
        Allparts would seem to be a natural fit. Good discounts on larger orders and a very comprehensive list of parts for every sort of guitar and bass imaginable. If you don't want to set up a business account with them then I'd try to go through a local music store to get the best discount.

Comment

You can get most of what you need (if not all) from Mojo as well (zparts, in this thread). Good service.

Comment

any news????

Has anyone had contact with Guitar Jones yet? I lost $40 on bobbins he never sent after I returned these really tall ones I didn't order. What a way to treat customers, I emailed him about two weeks ago being really nice and supportive and nothing......
            http://www.SDpickups.com
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I've emailed him several times over the last couple weeks wanting to place an order. He has yet to reply to me.
              -Stan
              ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
              Stan Hinesley Pickups
              FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post
                You can get most of what you need (if not all) from Mojo as well (zparts, in this thread). Good service.
                Maybe for guitar pickups.

GJ had a nice assortment of bass pickup covers. I know where to get them direct, but it was convenient to not have to order 200 pieces of each.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Where do you order them from direct?
                  Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Originally posted by automan View Post
                    Where do you order them from direct?
                    There's a few places.

http://sanhemusic.com/

Daeil Parts for Musical Instrument

PICKUP RINGS, COVERS & BOBBINGS

They all seem to have the same parts.

The first link doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                      Maybe for guitar pickups.

GJ had a nice assortment of bass pickup covers. I know where to get them direct, but it was convenient to not have to order 200 pieces of each.
                      Yea. Sorry. I only build guitar pickups. Maybe Dave will "pickup" some bass parts?

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        I know where to get them direct, but it was convenient to not have to order 200 pieces of each.
                        Still, for 200 pieces you will probably pay no more than you would pay for 10 pieces from any US retailer (no kidding, I get my bobbins from Paxphil, ask for their price list) or any other similar reseller (yeah, reseller, none of the suppliers listed are the original source. They even use the same parts numbers...). Ad to that that at least Paxphill accept orders if the total number of items is 100 and up (get 50 of two different items for example). In the end the prices are so ridiculously low you will end up stocking up a couple of hundred of each and that way the shipping and import taxes are covered and the parts is still much much cheaper.

And btw, if you order 50 bobbins they charge you for 50 but ship 100! Takes to long time to open up the bags and count is my guess...

Comment

Update:
                          So this is my first post here (thanks to David Schwab for pointing me in this direction!), but I recently ordered some pickup covers from GJ, too.

Yesterday, I received notice that my order was cancelled, and a refund was being issued. I haven't yet seen the refund, but at least it's a sign that they're possibly starting to refund all orders made after a certain date...?

Comment

Also...

Any word on whether or not Mojo is going to start selling the bass pickup covers that GJ was selling? Seems like a good opportunity for Mojo to capitalize...

Comment

Anybody got updates on GJ? I was going to try to place an order for a few things that only they seem to have but was a little scared. Thought I'd test the waters here first.
                              -Stan
                              ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                              Stan Hinesley Pickups
                              FaceBook

Comment

GJUSA is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X