Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    Apparently it's Daeil Chemical. That's what I heard anyway.
    Yes, i have read that now on there site! That sould mean that thay should have even better price on the stuff!

Comment

GJ update

Originally posted by Stan H View Post
      Anybody got updates on GJ? I was going to try to place an order for a few things that only they seem to have but was a little scared. Thought I'd test the waters here first.
      Like a dummy, I didn't do my homework and placed an order with Guitar Jones around the first of December without first reading all of the posts here. I like those parts and have ordered before with no issues. Like you say Stan some things they only seem to have. And the prices on some of them are much better than Mojo for example. (such as half on keeper bars) The order was for roughly 20 sets of humbucker parts - around $300 worth. Then when nothing shipped after two weeks I got to checking the posts and I figured I was in for trouble. The whole time when I checked my order on the GJ site it showed payment pending. But the payment had cleared my bank long before. On checking, the payment went to "the blue planet" instead of GJ. I don't know but I'm guessing this is the webhosting site. There is one named that. So on Saturday, to be in plenty of time, I filed a dispute with paypal. Guess what - just like rhoads in this thread I got a notice today that my order had shipped. And my order status on the GJ site was updated to shipped, tracking number and all. We shall see what I get, and what is backordered. Haven't heard a word from the blue planet on the dispute. I will keep you all posted.

Regardless of this, I think I will be changing suppliers. Too scary. I can't handle the risk, and it doesn't make sense to have to file a dispute to get action.
      Last edited by SonnyW; 12-22-2009, 01:43 PM.
      www.sonnywalton.com
      How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
        Like a dummy, I didn't do my homework and placed an order with Guitar Jones around the first of December without first reading all of the posts here. ... We shall see what I get, and what is backordered. Haven't heard a word from the blue planet on the dispute. I will keep you all posted.
        Well my parts arrived today and they are all here. Parts look good. The only thing they were out of was 49.2mm keeper bars they sent me 8 of 20 and promised to send the rest later, and threw in 20 each 50mm ones as a substitute. That was fine with me. The invoice had the same address as before in Brea, but no company name on it.

It looks like someone is at least trying to do something with it. I'm happy enough for now and I will close the dispute and watch and wait.
        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Thats strange. I have filed a paypal complaint byt I have still not got my 200$ order I placed in August... I'll contact them once again, but I do not have high hopes.

Updated info:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14995-3/#post138700
          Last edited by David Schwab; 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM. Reason: edited as per Peter's request to reflect current status

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Naglitsch View Post
            Thats strange. I have filed a paypal complaint byt I have still not got my 200$ order I placed in August... I'll contact them once again, but I do not have high hopes.
            I agree it is very, very strange indeed. From what I'm reading I think they may have invented a new form of "scatter shipping". I wish you and all the others that have gotten stuck on this the best of luck I just got lucky I guess. Didn't deserve it. I should have been keeping up better on the forum. If I had, I would have known about all the others that were having such problems. In this case, all of the stuff I ordered I could have gotten somewhere else. It was baseplates, bobbins, slugs, polepieces, keepers, springs, etc. I haven't been getting my magnets there much. I still have my day job and so my pickup making has to compete with that for my free time along with setups and guitar tech work I do for my friends. Plus I have been working more on my single pole designs lately, but I still should have taken the time to read up on the forum before I just fired off an order like that.
            www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

hmmmm... strange. If anyone is going to NAMM, check and see if GJ has set up a booth.
              www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

just checked the NAMM 2010 directory...GJ isn't present. And they usually have a booth.
                www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

NEWSFLASH

I have sent GJ mails every third or fourth day after Sonny reported that he got his parts. Today I got this:

Peter,

We are declaring your original package lost and resending today.

You'll get a tracking info when it becomes available.

Best regards,

Guitar Jones Team.
                  This was a real surprice as it isn't my first attempts to communicate with whoever operates GJ now. I hae sent like ten E-mails to them during the fall and finally I got a reply. If the stuff arraives I will gladly lift all my PayPal claims and remove my "stay away from GJ" statement on the first page of this thread.

Comment

Congratulations on that one Peter, I hope it shows up soon.

Comment

Yeah, it seems that someone is still operating GJ and at least have the intention at shipping stuff. I got this today
                      Guitar Jones - Shipment Notice
                      Hello Peter,

This is an automated email to notify you that your order #xxxxxx has shipped.
                      For your reference, the U.S.Postal Service tracking number for this shipment is CJxxxxxxxxUS.

Thanks,
                      Customer Service
                      Guitar Jones.
                      As soon as I get the stuff I will edit all my past posts to give the new (?) persons behind GJ some credibility. I'm just assuming that someone new is responsible as they have changed their policy: Now they do communicate with people!
                      Last edited by Peter Naglitsch; 01-07-2010, 05:27 AM. Reason: removed order number

Comment

It feels like GJ the company has had a near-death experience.

Comment

Now we can all track the package too. I hope it doesn't have too much personal info attached...

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                            Now we can all track the package too. I hope it doesn't have too much personal info attached...
                            Fixed.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                              It feels like GJ the company has had a near-death experience.
                              I hope they walked away from the light! They were very useful, so I'd like to see them stick around a while longer.
                              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                                He, he, I thought about that when typing (Mental note: gotta remove all personal info) and then I totally forgot about that and hit "Submit" and went to bed...

David removed the tracking number and I edited out the order number. Thanks David.

And USPS are actually proceeding with the shipment so everything looks good this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X