No announcement yet.

Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I wrote to them politely to ask why this all had happen. I got this responce
    Peter,

I've been trying to sell the company since last summer.

The deal didn't go well.

I'm still considering whether I should look for a new buyer or start running it myself.

Sorry about all the troubles you experienced.

Best regards,

Pat

Guitar Jones Team
    I don't really know what to make of it. It shows that it is still PAt in charge, but it doesn't sound 100% assuring that thngs will run completely smooth. I will uppdate/remove all my claims about GJ being a scam and link to this post. That way it is up to everyone to decide if they would like to deal with GJ or not.

EDIT: Not possible to edit that old threads...
    Last edited by Peter Naglitsch; 01-08-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

I was pretty happy with the parts that GJ was selling, and Pat seems OK, but dealing with GJ is way too risky now. I don't think service was that great going back the last couple of years, do a search here and you'll get complaints about one thing or another. So, I reckon people need to be aware of the risk now 'cause nothing has been resolved in this latest debacle.

If Pat wants to sell the company but cannot and decides to run it again, then how can we be assured that these issues won't happen again in a further attempt to sell down the track? I'll give him some credit for finally getting some people's orders out, but man a few had to wait quite a long time before that even happened. You'd be thinking about whether you'll get your order prior to clicking that submit button everytime...
      Last edited by mkat; 01-08-2010, 05:47 AM.
      int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
      www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Naglitsch View Post
        I will uppdate/remove all my claims about GJ being a scam and link to this post. That way it is up to everyone to decide if they would like to deal with GJ or not.

EDIT: Not possible to edit that old threads...
        Peter, send me a PM with the links to those posts and I'll edit them for you.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Done. Thanks David

Comment

OK I finally did it, I've been patient for a whole year waiting to get my damn bobbins, so I filed a Paypal dispute today. If its Pat working there all I can say is he has some kind of problem with being honest with people, I sent him a copy of the invoice and the email trail where he said he would replace the bobbins etc. etc. Even if I get my bobbins I won't be doing business with them again and wish anyone doing so luck in getting their order fulfilled....
            http://www.SDpickups.com
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Even though this thread has been going on some time, I decided to put my trust in Pat and GJ. I placed an order via thier website on the 11th of this month 2010, no paypal just straight card transaction as that way I can always recall my money for goods not recieved. I sent Pat an e-mail a few days later and recieved a reply to tell me it was being dealt with and then recieved a few more saying they were shipping and a shipped mail. It is now
              the 25th of Jan 2010 and my parts have arrived safely in full to the UK in 14 days. Thanks Pat, Dan and all the guys at GJ.

Comment

Mojo has aged white bobbins now.
                aka R.A.D --
                Guitar Logistics

Comment

I got my parts a few days ago, 5 months and numerous emails later. Nice parts, especially the lipstick covers

Comment

I filed a Paypal dispute for what he owes me 3 weeks ago I think, nothing, no email, no action. Well it looks like Paypal won't do anything since its been a year since I got ripped off. I'll try sending a snail mail, its not so much the $40 he owes me, its that his honesty is totally lacking....
                    Last edited by Possum; 01-26-2010, 12:17 PM.
                    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• Originally posted by Possum View Post
                      I filed a Paypal dispute for what he owes me 3 weeks ago I think, nothing, no email, no action. Well it looks like Paypal won't do anything since its been a year since I got ripped off. I'll try sending a snail mail, its not so much the $40 he owes me, its that his honesty is totally lacking....
                      Hey Possum spend a dollar or two and send your snail mail letter certified with delivery verification. They will have to sign for the letter and you will get verification that they received it. Wow I can't believe I have been around so long and have not posted. Shame on me.

Comment

Good idea. The thing I don't understand is I have always been super friendly with Pat. the most horrible thing I ever emailed him was please don't send me pickup covers covered with fingerprints :-) They end up getting acid etched into the plating and were unusable, he agreed and they wiped them off before shipping. Had the same problem with Mojo guys too. You would think Pat would want to keep his long time customers, I've been buying from him from the very start, like 7 years at least, yet no response, I sent him the email trail of him promising to send me replacement bobbins for the wrong ones that I sent back to him, but nothing, no communication, no respect. OK, so I won't buy there ever again....
                        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• I think part of the problem here was that Pat was gone from the company for a period of time while the other guy ran it into the ground. Now Pat has to pick up the pieces and try to make whole everyone who got screwed -at his own expense. I'd let him do what he can but don't make his work unbearable or he will just leave for good. We know he tried to leave once and didn't want to have to come back in. Now he's stuck there so just try to be nice for a while or kiss GW goodbye for good.

Kinda like the Prez...

Comment

• It doesn't cost anything to reply to customer. People feel a lot better when they are kept in the loop of what is going on. A simple email to let the customer know that their issue is being worked on. After all he already has Possum's money.

Comment

I surely would have appreciated an honest reply and I asked if he is having problems I would understand. Anyway, I'm just going to let it go, I did business wit him for as long as he was there, I'm just small potatoes and don't count, obviously....
                              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• Is it safe to order from GJ now?

Comment

Working...
                                X