No announcement yet.

Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I tried a while back. Unless you can perform a bank transfer for at least 2k, buy in large quantities, and arrange your own shipping you won't benefit at all. Not to mention taxes and import duties on top of that. Also after the fact I thought about what I would do if I ran out of one stupid little part and didn't need to order all of the other stuff. I would then be left having to buy from the US distributor anyway. This is best left up to the big guys who want and can deal with that kind of headache IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochild View Post
      Yeah, I tried a while back. Unless you can perform a bank transfer for at least 2k, buy in large quantities, and arrange your own shipping you won't benefit at all. Not to mention taxes and import duties on top of that. Also after the fact I thought about what I would do if I ran out of one stupid little part and didn't need to order all of the other stuff. I would then be left having to buy from the US distributor anyway. This is best left up to the big guys who want and can deal with that kind of headache IMO.
      That's why they have distributors. I posted that because their distributor is MIA.

Here's another place to check out:

SANHE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.
      Last edited by David Schwab; 09-21-2009, 07:19 PM.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Couldn't hurt to send Hannah an e-mail. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Comment

I was going to make a $2000 order with them a few months back, finally got Pat on the phone, prepared my order and tried calling them back before I made the payment. A whole week of calling and nothing so I decided not to go ahead with it, made me nervous. I hope everyone else gets this resolved somehow.

Comment

I got a prompt response from "Lia" at WSC. She's with the "Overseas Sales Department". She was apologetic and said they'd contact Guitar Jones USA and get back with me. She also asked to see the invoice that I'd received. Maybe she's planning to make good on it? I've already bought some of the more urgently needed parts from Mojo and am waiting for a reply from Mojo regarding the aged white bucker bobbins.

Anyway, I'll report when I hear back from her.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post

hey poorman...long time no see.
              Hey KT. Yeah I haven't checked in for a while. Been focusing on learning to build guitars...I need to hang out here more often.

Comment

So here's the latest response from Woosung:

Dear xxxx,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I've checked for your order and we think that it's better than ordering with our another customer.

So please contact to Mr.Steve at All parts. His e-mail address is steveallparts@aol.com

Sorry to give you any trouble and please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks & Best regards

Overseas Sales Dept.
                Lia WSC
                So, I THINK that means forget about Guitar Jones USA and check out All Parts. I've got an e-mail in to Steve to see what he thinks about the message. Anyway. FYI.

David (zparts) - still waiting on a reply, but if you could stock the white and aged white bobbins that'd be cool. I already buy most of my stuff from Mojo these days. Also, is this snafu impacting your ability to stock?

Comment

You need to email David direct, he said he's not checking back on this thread...
                  http://www.SDpickups.com
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post

So, I THINK that means forget about Guitar Jones USA and check out All Parts. I've got an e-mail in to Steve to see what he thinks about the message. Anyway. FYI.

David (zparts) - still waiting on a reply, but if you could stock the white and aged white bobbins that'd be cool. I already buy most of my stuff from Mojo these days. Also, is this snafu impacting your ability to stock?
                    Hey SkinnyWire. I just happened to check in and see what the word was. I can't seem to find out what has happened to GJ. On a good note I do have white and aged white humbucker bobbins on order along with tons of other new goodies. They should arrive sometime around the end of October. Once in stock reordering will be less lead time. In regards to mini humbucker parts and lipstick parts, still no luck for decent stuff. I will keep checking. Thanks. David

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post

Shame she didn't tell you what's going on...I'd really like to know.
                      -Stan
                      ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                      Stan Hinesley Pickups
                      FaceBook

Comment

Agreed. It would be nice to know what's going on there. Guess it doesn't matter too much in the end, but judging from some of the posts they owe some folks parts and or money. They didn't charge me for the unsent parts on the last invoice.

I sent the message to Steve at All Parts and he replied promptly. Said they buy some parts from Woosung and had everything on my invoice in stock except the aged white bobbins. I asked for an invoice since I don't know what there pricing is and haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Guess what fellas...

I put through a paypal dispute on tuesday. No responce so far. Ive escalated the claim.

Then, this morning... an email:

----
                          Hello Perry,

This is an automated email to notify you that your order #119283 has shipped.
                          For your reference, the U.S.Postal Service tracking number for this shipment is CJ 307615302US.

Thanks,
                          Customer Service
                          Guitar Joneshttp://www.guitarjonesusa.com/catalog/
                          ----

So, looks like they are back. Ive already opened another trade account, with a business that set it up for me over email within ten minutes of my enquiry.
                          Still no responce to the paypal claim...
                          Regards,
                          Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm ... Well, that's good if they're making good on what's owed to people. I'm not sure this means they're back. Maybe they just need new "management" again.
                            Last edited by SkinnyWire; 09-27-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhoads View Post
                              So, looks like they are back. Ive already opened another trade account, with a business that set it up for me over email within ten minutes of my enquiry.
                              Well that's good. I like GJ... I've never had an issue with them, and they have stuff that's hard to get in small quantities.

You should have accounts with other suppliers... don't put all your eggs in one basket and all that.
                              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

just to keep you all in the loop, my parts arrived today....
                                Regards,
                                Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X