No announcement yet.

Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying again, I sent the emails from Pat and the invoice and his emails etc. and asked for my bobbins or money back and will file a complaint with the BBB in Brea if no response. Maybe because I don't live in California like some do they think I can't do anything about it. I wonder if a letter to the Attorney General in CA would have any effect. How many here are still owed money or products they never got?
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

ITS A MIRACLE! I'm getting my 40 bobbins after a year of no response to emails.
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• Originally posted by Possum View Post
        ITS A MIRACLE! I'm getting my 40 bobbins after a year of no response to emails.
        There IS light at the end of the tunnel
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Anyone here having problems with GJ's gold covers? I just put one on a pickup, put it in a $4500 custom I just finished, and the client has worn the gold off within a week. Not a single mark on the guitar, and I know the condition of his other gear, so it's not been abused. The gold has literally worn right away. Not just a little bit onthe corner... most of the cover has no gold.
          Regards,
          Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

They are all like that. Why do you think gold covers cost hardly more than the nickel plated ones? If you want a longer lasting gold you have to get them plated yourself, but then will it kill much of the treble? Gold always wears off anyway no matter what you do. Just a matter of time. I don't know why guitars even come with gold plating it always wears and then looks like crap. Try Mojo's and see if they are any different but I doub they are. You could get Gibson covers and pay through the nose but will probably have the same problem.
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• I believe Mojo and GJ use WSC. I also had a customer make a comment on the gold covers recently and that the plating was waring off sooner then expected.

It seems the older GJs gold covers were fine. I think the gold plated covers being produced within the last year are not as durable.

Can you plate gold over gold plate without much prep work using one of those plating kits. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of those kits to plate some screws.
              www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

I've never tried plating bucker covers, especially gold plating solutions are freaking expensive too. Check out Caswellplating.com
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

• Got in touch with Pat, ordered my parts and they were on their way a day later. Had them a few days after that. Seems like they are getting everything on track.

Comment

• and it seems they've fallen over again...

Ive been patient for way too long. Ive sent way too many nicely worded emails. We can all run behind, but this is just silly. Ive been buying smaller lots from others to try and keep up, but GJ's prices were the best, and I had hoped to use them because it was easy for us (when they decide to actually sell stuff). Time for a new supplier... this time we are going direct to the manufacturer.
                    Regards,
                    Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

• Funny, I put in an order for EMG style bass covers and some other stuff four weeks ago and the parts arrived within 10 days to Europe

Comment

• Are you guys calling or using the webpage to order?
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• I send him emails to see if he has the parts, and then I order that way. Then he emails me an invoice. I never use the web site because I'm using the OEM price list.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Same. We've been asked to submit orders via email for the OEM pricing. Pat then sends back an invoice, and we go ahead. We don't care for the invoice/quote first, just send the goods and bill the credit card!

Ive resorted to using the web, and paying full price, to get items. That worked for us, but then we are paying twice the price that has been offered to us previously, for some items. We've even suggested we can continue to do that, with a partial refund for the difference between retail and OEM via paypal or doubling up quantities... whatever!!
                            Regards,
                            Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

• So Rhoads, did he get you straight yet? Just wondering because I need some stuff as well but don't want my little bit of money going down a deep dark hole. Thanks.

Comment

• My last emailed order was on the 23rd July. Since then two emails asking why we havent heard back, or had anything charged to the card.

Previously, at least two other order emails in the last three months, requesting OEM items just be sent (no need to quote first), and two follow up emails for each before we just sourced elsewhere (at a considerably higher cost).

I was in California during June, and was so tempted to just go visit the address we have listed for them, just to see the place for myself and purchase items on the spot.
                                Regards,
                                Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X