No announcement yet.

Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard from him yet? I asked for a refund for the 40 bobbins I never got....nothing..
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Does anyone know whether Mojo carries the same slugs as GJ?

hey poorman...long time no see.
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
        Does anyone know whether Mojo carries the same slugs as GJ?

hey poorman...long time no see.
        I'll find out in a day or so.

Comment

I don't think the slugs are WSC parts. Alot of their stuff is. I wonder if Guitar Jones is out of business, or maybe he's off on some big trip. Pretty strange....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

The slugs look pretty much the same, except maybe slightly "yellower" in appearance. I just got a bag of 600 and took a quick look at 5 or 10 compared to a couple GJ that I have left. One of them look a bit short, so I hopefully that's not an indication of poor quality control.

This may be it for me with GJ. I've been pretty forgiving in the past because even if they are the same parts I don't know that you can have too many "sources". Too bad really. I'll have to ask Mojo if they'll carry the aged white bobbins. They started carrying the 5-40 screws within a couple/few weeks after I asked about them, so they seem open to suggestions.

Comment

Well I hope they aren't out of business... the parts I get from them aren't available anywhere else, unless I get them direct from the factories.

I guess I need to start molding my own parts as I've been wanting too.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Well I hope they aren't out of business... the parts I get from them aren't available anywhere else, unless I get them direct from the factories.
                Me too
                -Stan
                ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                Stan Hinesley Pickups
                FaceBook

Comment

I'm not wishing it on them (going out of business). It's pretty frustrating though. Just seems like you wouldn't bolt without some sort of message to customers if you were planning to return with the hope of keeping the customers. It's especially bad form being that they owe some folks as well. Again, hopefully it's not due to some tragic event.

Comment

This is really frustrating. We just got cleaned out by a few stores, and have no stock. GJ havent been responding to emails, but we put a 'retail' order through their website just to get us SOME parts to keep us busy until they find the time to quote us on a much larger order.
                    Hopefully our order turns up...
                    Regards,
                    Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Greetings,

Its me David from Mojo. As some of you may already know I personally make decisions on what Mojo should carry in regards to guitar parts and pickup parts. Please contact me with things you are currently getting from other suppliers and I will look to see what is available to us. It takes time to add new stuff so I ask that you would please be patient with me. We currently have lots of things going on at once so I will respond as quickly as possible. My email is david AT mojotone DOT com. I would rather you contact me there rather than here because I can respond much quicker. I will look forward to hearing from any of you. Thanks for your continued support.

David Shepherd
                      Last edited by David Schwab; 10-30-2009, 04:33 AM. Reason: obsfugated email

Comment

Originally posted by rhoads View Post
                        This is really frustrating. We just got cleaned out by a few stores, and have no stock. GJ havent been responding to emails, but we put a 'retail' order through their website just to get us SOME parts to keep us busy until they find the time to quote us on a much larger order.
                        Hopefully our order turns up...
                        Don't expect too much Perry (I guess that it is you Mr Ormsby). I placed an order for parts over two months ago and I have got nothing this far. I used PayPal for the money transfer so I'm sending in an official complaint this monday if I don't get any responce at all from them until then.
                        [update]
                        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14995-3/#post138700
                        Last edited by David Schwab; 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM. Reason: edited as per Peter's request to reflect current status

Comment

I never had any luck with emails to GJ has anyone tried calling recently?

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                            I never had any luck with emails to GJ has anyone tried calling recently?
                            The last few orders I've placed with them were via email. I'd email them when I want, they would email me an invoice. Even with inquiries I never had to wait much longer than a day.

I can't remember ever calling them, but I might have a while back.

I wonder what's going on?
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

After this much time, I have to think they've just cut and run. As I recall, Alex sort of did something like that and then Pat took over. Up to now, I've only had to prod Pat once or twice on orders. For the most part, it's as David said ... e-mail the order, prompt response with an invoice, order ships. The couple of times I had to prod them I called Pat on the phone, and the order shipped the next day. This time, I've tried calling many times and sent numerous e-mails. Just makes you wonder if there is a "parent" organization that will look to step in and make things right.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post
                                Just makes you wonder if there is a "parent" organization that will look to step in and make things right.
                                WSC Music : Believe in Music !!

WSC Music : Distributors:

USA inside returns must be shipped to:
                                Guitar Jones, Inc.
                                516 E Jefferson Blvd
                                Los Angeles, CA 90011-2431
                                Voice : 909-628-3059
                                info@guitarjonesUSA.com
                                Corporate Headquarters

Guitar parts Sales Manager
                                Hannah : wsc@wscmusic.com

California Branch Manager
                                Patrick Bae : info@GuitarJonesUSA.com

China WSC Tianjin industries
                                Branch Manager
                                HD Kwon : kwon1@wscmusic.com

Comment

Working...
                                X