X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    I bet you will get them to suit.
    Were all three the same, or do you have different DCRs for the middle and Bridge?
    I still haven't finished my A2s. I warmed up the wax and never used it.
    I Did Farming Chores today in the sun.
    I got too hot.
    I will try to finish and test them tomorrow.
    T
    All three the same turns and DCR just different spacing on the forbon and different TPLs. Got that part down I think. They aren't too far off from where I need to get them. Farming chores today sounds just too hot. I went out in the late afternoon and sprayed some water on the roof of my garage a couple of times to help cool things down but it didn't help much.
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Only 4 weeks till Spring, dunno if I can hang on much longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Only 4 weeks till Spring, dunno if I can hang on much longer.
        Try to keep warm, (noiselessly) I'd sure send you a few of these extra BTU's we have plenty of in Texas these days if I could.
        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
          Try to keep warm, (noiselessly) I'd sure send you a few of these extra BTU's we have plenty of in Texas these days if I could.

Comment

I would trade him some heat for some Ice to put in my tea.
            And, Ward when are you gonna send me my Gold Birds Eye Get fiddle?
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I would trade him some heat for some Ice to put in my tea.
              And, Ward when are you gonna send me my Gold Birds Eye Get fiddle?
              T
              Tea You might as well have the damn thing, I never play it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                Tea You might as well have the damn thing, I never play it.
                I guess you better keep it.
                It would cost a million dollars to ship it UPS!
                So how many magic TPL did you put on those 60s strat coils?
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

T
                  TWO HUNDRED

Comment

One thing that was going on was the DCR, which came out low compared to the specs I was using. So that accounted for a lot of the discrepancies I saw with the spacing and resonant peaks. I wound to the turns count that is posted lots of places for the 1965 which was 7626 turns supposed to get 5.8k on .0026 #42 wire.
                    Sonny, were you using .187" magnets?
                    If you were using .195" they would be off a bit. You can change the magnet size, wire size, bobbin dimensions ect: to suit.

With the #42 PE I'm using at the moment I need about 8,200 winds to hit 5.8K with .187" magnets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                      If you were using .195" they would be off a bit. You can change the magnet size, wire size, bobbin dimensions ect: to suit.

With the #42 PE I'm using at the moment I need about 8,200 winds to hit 5.8K with .187" magnets.
                      Not to rub salt in a wound, but did you get your neck buckers to sound like SCs Yet?
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

Yes I was using .187 magnets. I did a ratio and proportion type of calculation based off my last results and came up with 8126 turns needed for 5.8k so that seems to be about the same as what you have. I was going to try 8200 on the next batch.
                        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

T

If you were asking about the ones I did one was at 95 TPL and the others were at about 190.
                          www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Not to rub salt in a wound, but did you get your neck buckers to sound like SCs Yet?
                            T
                            Yeah, closer, but I had to do it by using different alloys. Still cant figure out why when measuring a tighter wind vs a looser wind the looser wind had higher inductance.
                            It would be great if someone could help me out and tell me which screws, slugs, keeper alloy, long vs short magnets.. etc: will bring out the highs without making it sound thin.

Rob.

Comment

It would be great if someone could help me out and tell me which screws, slugs, keeper alloy, long vs short magnets.. etc: will bring out the highs without making it sound thin.
                              Rob.
                              I'm cool to soak up some of that info as well. I'm sure.

Comment

If you were asking about the ones I did one was at 95 TPL and the others were at about 190.
                                That's quite a range.
                                I was razzing Ward, he was having trouble getting the tpl on an earlier build!
                                Later Guys.
                                B_T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X