X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    I think Remington had a good week!
    T
    You got to keep Larry on his toes ,He loves to challenge you & Try to charge you more .Haggle away
    At least shipping to Canada is a little cheaper than in the past
    ....by the way here is a picture I took of Terry & Ward ...........
    Last edited by copperheadroads; 08-04-2012, 02:21 AM. Reason: I was put in my place
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      You got to keep Larry on his toes ,He loves to challenge you & Try to charge you more .Haggle away
      At least shipping to Canada is a little cheaper than in the past
      ....by the way here is a picture I took of Terry & ward ...........
      That's a capital W if you don't wind.

Comment

• That's funny!
        I'M afraid to ask which one is Ward, that would make me the other one!
        T
        ** Larry may be getting to us good?
        He's still a lot cheaper than MWS.
        I never got the same pricing format there 2 times in a row.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
          That's a capital W if you don't wind.
          Sorry Mate .......It's fixed & it wont happen again

Comment

• Hey Copper:
            did you put Larry in a Headlock, and get bottom dollar prices, and free shipping?
            He said they have some 42 HFV on order. I hope it's cheaper than the PE they sell.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

• You got no worries his prices are creeping up there
              The quote I got was over $16 a lb ,the he knocked some off & I got it for $13 is a good deal
              T..... I bet you get A super discount for hooking him up with some wire...wink,wink

Comment

• To be honest I'm quite happy with the results i'm getting with HPN wire & so are my customers
                I have an almost full 6 lb spool of heavy Formvar which I paid something like $28 bucks a LB for ...I think I will keep it for restorations or special winds
                The hpn is working out great .....................Now we need a cheaper substitute for PE ...haha

Comment

You got no worries his prices are creeping up there
                  The quote I got was over $16 a lb ,the he knocked some off & I got it for $13 is a good deal
                  T..... I bet you get A super discount for hooking him up with some wire...wink,wink
                  I paid about like you did, but no free shipping here! lol
                  I'm just proud that we have some more wire options.
                  I know MWS and some have the big accounts, but do you think they are figuring out who Remington is?
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

To be honest I'm quite happy with the results i'm getting with HPN wire & so are my customers
                    I have an almost full 6 lb spool of heavy Formvar which I paid something like $28 bucks a LB for ...I think I will keep it for restorations or special winds
                    The hpn is working out great .....................Now we need a cheaper substitute for PE ...haha
                    Good to hear, I've got some on the way however I think it's coming by canoe.

Comment

• I still haven't figured out hot to wind the wire around the Flower Pot?
                      The 38 gauge is still small and fragile.
                      Do you turn the pot on a rod or something?
                      I've got to come up with a better way.
                      I started 3 times.
                      Going to try something else.
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

I still haven't figured out hot to wind the wire around the Flower Pot?
                        I started 3 times.
                        T
                        I must've said this in the other thread: My winder has drill chucks on both sides so I was able to use the winder and counter, you can just use a drill but you'll have to check the dcr every so often. Drill a hole in the bottom of the pot, try to center it well. Find a bolt ( 1/4'' is good ) with a nut and washer and just secure the bolt to the pot, shaft coming out the bottom obviously. So there you go, easy, the pot will likely turn and wobble quite a bit but just wind slow. The trick is to put a wrap of insulation tape around the pot where the coil is gonna go, even two wraps if you only have 19mm tape, make them overlap so you have about an 1'' of width, make sure the sticky side is facing out, this will hold the wire in place. It takes a couple of minutes to wind 350ohm. Then slide the whole thing off, tape n all, have some small bits of tape already cut and ready so you can put them on at say 12 3 6 and 9 oclock just to hold it all in place, then you can go all the way around winding the tape on nice and snug, it's a bit fiddly but no biggy. See if that works, good luck.
                        Last edited by Ward; 08-05-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Flower Pot Coil Technology improvement:
                          Just out, the latest improvement to the design. A piece of wood is now bolted to the bottom of the pot, it now spins in the drill almost perfectly true. Can't wait to roll up more coils. No excuses now T. That's a bit of 1/4'' threaded rod.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I still haven't figured out hot to wind the wire around the Flower Pot?
                            I started 3 times.
                            T
                            Just make something the resembles a pulley for a v-belt but have it that you can remove one side to get your coil out

Comment

• I thought of something like that, easy enough with a wood lathe but really this has to be the simplest way to do it with materials easily acquired.
                              Last edited by Ward; 08-05-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• More innovation, for most their winder will have the plate to stick the bobbin too? In that case, simply recess the bolt ( having the head on the outside and the threaded bit on the inside ) into the piece of wood with a spade bit or whatever and double stick tape it to your mandrel. Awesome, now you can use the counter, wind 100 turns and measure the drc, this should tell you roughly how many turns are required for your size pot. Damn

Comment

Working...
                                X