Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else is going this fine Saturday evening?
    BTW I got my Red SPN today.
    It looks pretty good.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      What else is going this fine Saturday evening?
      We went to the local volunteer fire department town carnival & are now watching M.Monroe movies on TCM.
      Sorry.
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I still haven't figured out hot to wind the wire around the Flower Pot?
        T
        Find out what spec's are from the manufacturer ,How many ohm per foot (648.2 Ohm per 1000' according to MWS sheet of 38 gauge wire )
        You will need to figure out the circumference of your coil
        So if we use Ward's (With a capital W) 16" Circumference you will need 386 turns of 38 gauge +/-
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Do you really think you know what cold is

Here's a pic I took in my truck one day a few winters ago ,Ford thermometers only go to -40 & stop ,I was -47 that day ....that's -52.6 Fahrenheit ......Burrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• How is this possible .I was experimenting with a high output humbucker & I was aiming for about 16.5k & I wanted to use 43 gauge wire so I referred to the Good old coil estimator (which I have been using & got to know how to make this work for me to be quite close to my desired output )
            so to achieve 8.25 ohm per coil the estimator says around 8500 turns , NOW how did I get to 9k per bobbin without stretching the wire , I know there was no stretching of the wire (my wire tension was measured & actually lowered for the second attempt ,but still pretty much the same output
            I guess I should of went with my gut when using awg 43 (1000 ohm's per turn ) works out pretty close

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              How is this possible .I was experimenting with a high output humbucker & I was aiming for about 16.5k & I wanted to use 43 gauge wire so I referred to the Good old coil estimator (which I have been using & got to know how to make this work for me to be quite close to my desired output )
              so to achieve 8.25 ohm per coil the estimator says around 8500 turns , NOW how did I get to 9k per bobbin without stretching the wire , I know there was no stretching of the wire (my wire tension was measured & actually lowered for the second attempt ,but still pretty much the same output
              I guess I should of went with my gut when using awg 43 (1000 ohm's per turn ) works out pretty close
              All of the new Elektrisola except the HPN seems to be small per gauge.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

All of the new Elektrisola except the HPN seems to be small per gauge.
                T
                But, I wound one of my pickups with 7000 turns & came out with the same dcr & my spool of essex wire that I've had for a few years

Comment

But, I wound one of my pickups with 7000 turns & came out with the same dcr & my spool of essex wire that I've had for a few years
                  That spool of red I got today.
                  I micd it at around .0025, the smallest wire yet.
                  I bought some natural a couple weeks back, and it is .0026.
                  The old roll of essex I have, is over .0027".
                  I still have some of the essex left, but it breaks everytime I get to winding with it.
                  So I finally gave up on it and ordered the 2 rolls of Elektrisola.
                  That small red, I can't wait to wind a mini blade bobbin with it.
                  It should be the berries!
                  I took the hummers out of my strat, messing with the A2s and thought I would try the Canceler with them.
                  I can't wait to get the buckers back in.
                  I forgot how noisey the SCs are.
                  My bedroom where I play in the house, has 60 Cycle hum out the Wazoo!
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

That spool of red I got today.
                    I micd it at around .0025, the smallest wire yet.
                    I bought some natural a couple weeks back, and it is .0026.
                    The old roll of essex I have, is over .0027".
                    I still have some of the essex left, but it breaks everytime I get to winding with it.
                    So I finally gave up on it and ordered the 2 rolls of Elektrisola.
                    That small red, I can't wait to wind a mini blade bobbin with it.
                    It should be the berries!
                    I took the hummers out of my strat, messing with the A2s and thought I would try the Canceler with them.
                    I can't wait to get the buckers back in.
                    I forgot how noisey the SCs are.
                    My bedroom where I play in the house, has 60 Cycle hum out the Wazoo!
                    T
                    60 CYCLE hum Is Paramount to great tone

Comment

When I see reference to "British tone", does that mean 50 Hz hum?
                      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

After playing quiet pickups, I can't handle it.
                        I have one local musician that doesn't care about noise.
                        Then I have another local musician that was used to Actives.
                        You can't get regular pickups quiet enough for him.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

After playing quiet pickups, I can't handle it.
                          I have one local musician that doesn't care about noise.
                          Then I have another local musician that was used to Actives.
                          You can't get regular pickups quiet enough for him.
                          T
                          What about our 38 gauge humcanceler flowerpotcoil ,Can it be in a pedal enclosure ,Or do it need to be near the pups ?

Comment

What about our 38 gauge humcanceler flowerpotcoil ,Can it be in a pedal enclosure ,Or do it need to be near the pups ?
                            It needs to be near the P/Us.
                            It wires between the volume pot and the 5 way switch.
                            You take the wire off from the vol. pot and the 5 way, and sub the coil
                            That also means no RWRP, all 3 P/Us have to be the same.
                            I will get back on the project again later.
                            T
                            Last edited by big_teee; 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM.
                            Terry

Comment

It needs to be near the P/Us.
                              It also needs to be parallel to the P/U coils.
                              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjb View Post
                                It also needs to be parallel to the P/U coils.
                                I'm going to try mine in the control compartment where the switch and Pots are.
                                It may not work, but if it will, that would be easiest.
                                I will get back to you on that.
                                I did find something suitable to wind the coil on.
                                about a 14 inch per coil, and that will barely fit in the Pot cavity.
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X