No announcement yet.

cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My acme screw and delrin nut arrived today. It's 3/8"-10 tpi. There's enough rod for 1-2 more winders. PM me if you need a chunk of it.

Comment

• not news on your winder?
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Soon I hope, I just figured out that T-shirt transfer paper is not the right stuff to use to get a pcb etching mask.

Comment

• i made my pcb with a home made ultraviolet light source exposure box built with a old scanner box and 3 insect traps 15watt uv neon bulb....

i print pcb on normal white paper, then expose for 20min
          develop with NaOH (about 1 min)
          and etch with cheap and fast Hydrochloric acid and Hydrogen peroxide 3/1 solution (about 5 min)

this procedure seems fastidious.... but if you sometimes need some well done pcb (for example for onboard bass preamp or other...) it is easy and cheap

if you need only this pcb i suggest press-n-peel sheet procedure

or

next month i will have professional PCBs

ciao
          Last edited by -Elepro-; 11-14-2009, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• I got a start on the traverse today. It's a 3/8" 10TPI acme threaded rod from McMaster Carr and a pair of cheap ball bearing races from Enco. The delrin nut came from Ebay. I made the bearing holders on the mill and turned down the journals on the lathe. Everything is a light press fit. There will be about 3" of travel depending on the final design.
            Attached Files

Comment

• fine work i too started with new mechanics .... but with main motor assembly....
              bye

Comment

• Hi Elepro,
                Thanks for the encouragement. What's the estimated time of arrival on the "professional" PCB? I just got a UV curing station for a different process I use but I don't even know where to get photo-sensitive PCB. Is it something every electronics house will sell?

I found this stuff on Ebay:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320449098787
                it's blue, stick-on film and it's only 150mm x 200mm which I think is big enough but not sure. (That place also sells 1602 LCD displays for $7.50)

Here's another kit that includes the developer:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260519613839
                It doesn't give the width but it ships from a domestic address.
                Last edited by David King; 12-12-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• David, most electronics parts suppliers sell photo sensitive PCB and even kits.

Here's one:

Circuit Fabrication Kits from Allied Electronics
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                    I got a start on the traverse today. It's a 3/8" 10TPI acme threaded rod from McMaster Carr and a pair of cheap ball bearing races from Enco. The delrin nut came from Ebay. I made the bearing holders on the mill and turned down the journals on the lathe. Everything is a light press fit. There will be about 3" of travel depending on the final design.
                    Looks good David, here's a pic of my traverse when I was doing mock-up. Sorry I don't have any pics since then my inlaws borrowed my camera.
                    (6 months ago and haven't returned it yet)

Try "Press-n-Peel Blue" for making a PCB, it's the easiest way to go.

(BTW, it's all hardware-store parts, ACE, Home Depot etc)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RedHouse; 12-13-2009, 02:55 PM.
                    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                      Hi Elepro,
                      Thanks for the encouragement. What's the estimated time of arrival on the "professional" PCB? I just got a UV curing station for a different process I use but I don't even know where to get photo-sensitive PCB. Is it something every electronics house will sell?

I found this stuff on Ebay:
                      photosensitive dry film; PCB; amateur/ 10 piece - eBay (item 320449098787 end time Dec-14-09 19:06:38 PST)
                      it's blue, stick-on film and it's only 150mm x 200mm which I think is big enough but not sure. (That place also sells 1602 LCD displays for $7.50)

Here's another kit that includes the developer:
                      Dry Film Photoresist Roll + Developer - Copper Clad PCB - eBay (item 260519613839 end time Jan-05-10 20:38:54 PST)
                      It doesn't give the width but it ships from a domestic address.

hello,

about professional PCB i really don't know because i paid for the service more than 40 days ago but i did not receive yet.... some days ago i threatened to start a paypal dispute and then they said that pcbs have been shipped 20 days ago..... but they will make and ship new pcbs again...

i think you can find photo-sensitive PCB at your electronic components local store....

bye

Comment

• first steps in my new main motor assembly.... not wonderful but very heavy

bye

Comment

• That should stand the test of time. It might even survive armageddon.

Comment

• .... arrived... i'll test them in the next days.....

merry Christmas!

ciao
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That looks very nice with the silkscreen Elepro. When can we get ours over here in the states?

Comment

• i have ten of those...
                                in these days i'll test one and then i'm ready to ship....

Comment

Working...
                                X