cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some photos.....
    now only it needs tensioner and wire guide....
    Attached Files
    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Ah-HA!!
      That's a very clever arrangement of the micro switches with micrometer adjustments. Very helpful Elepro.
      Thanks!

Comment

• thanks David....
        ... yes now it is too simple set the travel of traverse....

...and also, if while winding you see that your coil shape is not perfect (eg it is /---\ or \___/ ) those long threaded rods allow you to adjust it keeping your hands away from all moving parts....

Comment

• Elepro, I see you have belts on both motors. Is there a reason for that?
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• the one in the main motor has 2/1 ratio pulleys to speed up faceplate...
            the one in the traverse motor has 1/1 so it is only for a better mounting assembly....

....also belts reduce vibrations-noises...

Comment

• i'm testing the tensioner.... i built a dancer arm to measure tension.... if (as i think) its movement will break the wire i will try to add a small magnet and a hall sensor on it to create a closed loop control....
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                i'm testing the tensioner.... i built a dancer arm to measure tension.... if (as i think) its movement will break the wire i will try to add a small magnet and a hall sensor on it to create a closed loop control....
                The standard dodge is a "fishpole dancer" that is made of music wire and bobs in sync with the pulsations from bobbin rotation. The resonant frequency of the dancer must exceed the pulse rate by a factor to prevent resonant drive. There are a number of threads on this.

Comment

• I bought some 1/16" dia carbon fiber sticks for my dancer but I'm hoping my new design will eliminate the need for it entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                    ...my new design.....
                    there is not anything to see?? you are a mysterious man....

Comment

• mAn of mYsteRy - brAiN of pudDiNg.

It's all in my head, I can't decide if I want to move the winder head with the traverse motor or move the bobbin. Apparently Ron Wickersham used a Unimat 5 mini mill to wind with and used the drill press lever to traverse (up and down) with the wire feeding in through the top of the spindle. There was a little guide loop from the tip of a fishing rod to wrap the wire around the stationary pickup.

I'm still needing to finish up some more basses before I can get going on this again. It's frustrating when silly work gets in the way of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                        there is not anything to see?? you are a mysterious man....
                        Now that you mention it, over the last 12 pages and 400 posts there are no pics of David's winder, what's up with that?

Originally posted by David King View Post
                        ...It's all in my head...
                        It must be.

Just did a quick look over the thread since 10/2009 one sees post 320 with a pic of some traverse parts, then in post 341 a pic of Elepro's board with a Mouser order, and the last pic was in post 347 showing Elepro's board with the PICs installed incorrectly. No winder?

So hows that new design comming along?
                        Last edited by RedHouse; 02-19-2010, 02:25 PM. Reason: typo's
                        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Thanks for the gentle push Brad, I'll try to get back on it for your sake, I know you've been following my progress with baited breath.

Comment

• If you want I'll take a photo of my CNC winder... it's a couple of cardboard boxes with the parts in it.

I was waiting for you guys to get the bugs worked out before I start working on mine.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                              Thanks for the gentle push Brad, I'll try to get back on it for your sake, I know you've been following my progress with baited breath.
                              Yeah that's right, baited breath.

But seriously, although I don't participate in this project anymore I do still read the thread and when Elepro mentioned no pics, well I just had to ask. as active and often as you post about it, strange there are no pics except for Elepro's.

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              If you want I'll take a photo of my CNC winder... it's a couple of cardboard boxes with the parts in it.

I was waiting for you guys to get the bugs worked out before I start working on mine.
                              (in my best Maxwell Smart voice...)

Ahh yes, the old winder-in-the-brown-box trick! good one agent 13, and how do you fit that 5-string bass into that mailbox with you anyway? never mind, I think it's time for the cone of silence!
                              Last edited by RedHouse; 02-20-2010, 04:04 AM.
                              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• yesterday i built pulleys for bearings and i made some test.... With P bobbin the measuring arm dance does not break the wire.... with 4 string J it does....

now i wrote code for a closed loop control and i'm making pcb

bye
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X