cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Elepro,
    I got some new microswitches from Radio Shack which will help I'm sure. I'll get back to it soon but have been finishing up an instrument that's due. Thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

• ok let me know....
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Andrew,

here's a simple schematic for solenoid.....

did you receive all your parts?

bye
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Elepro

Thanks for the diagramm. I have´nt got the other parts yet, motors should be on their way, drivers should be ebayed today. I´ll put the electrics together when i´ve all the parts and give them a test run. I´m fairly busy with my full time job making and repairing guitars so it´ll take a little time. How strong a solenoid (how much current draw will the board supply) should I use ? l´ll post again when further progress is made.

Regards

Andrew

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
          Andrew,

here's a simple schematic for solenoid.....

did you receive all your parts?

bye
          Last edited by the great waldo; 01-21-2010, 10:13 AM. Reason: missed a line

Comment

• the irfz48(44) is a 60 (50) ampere mosfet.... as it is in my board, without heatsink, i think it can puts out 1 or 2 amp without perceptible difference in its temperature....

Comment

• new definitive electronics.... l297/l6203 are very great drivers...

mechanics soon... i think i'll mount traverse with wire that comes from rear side.... i am undecided about that...
              Attached Files

Comment

• definitive traverse with 2mm pitch leadscrew....
                now i'll make brackets in armageddon style
                Attached Files

Comment

• i need suggests for my definitive(??) winder:
                  i always wound with the spool on the floor under the winder.... (as you can see in the video in my signature).....

now i would like arrange new machine with the wire that comes from behind and the spool located on the same table behind the controller (view picture #1 of work in progress), then i thought that wire has to go up for about 60cm (for unwrap from spool) then come back down at tensioner and traverse...

tomorrow i read this:

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  ... I put the spool behind me on a low stand with the top more or less facing the winder.
                  if i understand well David put its spool lay down... then..... do you think i could put the spool like in the second picture (but on a stand) without that wire go up?

excuse for my english....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by -Elepro-; 02-10-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• With my own DIY CNC winder, I have my wire mounted behind the winder on a spool holder (albeit with 500g spools, not the larger one you show)

You'll obviously need to ensure that any such mounting requires very little effort to unspool the wire (eg mount the spool on a rod with bearings as I do)...becuase even with my sustainers (which use significantly thicker wire), there's a degree of 'pull' force required for the winder to unspool the wire as it winds....and with hairline thick pickup wire I can foresee problems with any resistance.

Definitiely the way to go though... ie get the spool off the floor.

Comment

• Hi Elepro

I have found that the spool on the floor tends to unwind the wire with less force as gravity is not pulling down on the wire if its side mounted. I also use a loose piece of felt cloth over the edge of the board on which my winder is mounted with about 20 cm hanging down this seems to help the wire dereel from the spool.
                      I got my motors and the drivers and the parts for the power supply and will be putting everything together over the next week or two. Thanks for your help so far.

All the best

Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                        if i understand well David put its spool lay down... then..... do you think i could put the spool like in the second picture (but on a stand) without that wire go up?
                        These days I put the spool on the floor in front of the winder.

But I've seen them mounted higher with some kind of wire guides.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                          Hi Elepro

I have found that the spool on the floor tends to unwind the wire with less force as gravity is not pulling down on the wire if its side mounted. I also use a loose piece of felt cloth over the edge of the board on which my winder is mounted with about 20 cm hanging down this seems to help the wire dereel from the spool.
                          I got my motors and the drivers and the parts for the power supply and will be putting everything together over the next week or two. Thanks for your help so far.

All the best

Andrew
                          i did not understand well about spool and felt cloth .... but... tomorrow morning i built a rack for the winder and it has 2 shelves ... in the down shelve i'll put the spools and in the up one the winder....and the up shelve has an hole in the rear side for the wire ..... i'll post pictures soon....

about your parts: first of all build the supply.....

bye

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                            i did not understand well about spool and felt cloth .... but... tomorrow morning i built a rack for the winder and it has 2 shelves ... in the down shelve i'll put the spools and in the up one the winder....and the up shelve has an hole in the rear side for the wire ..... i'll post pictures soon....

about your parts: first of all build the supply.....

bye
                            Hi Elepro

Here is a photo of my home made winder. The spool sits on the floor under the baseplate with the wire lightly pressing against the hanging felt which helps the wire to swing about as it leaves the spool. the speed controller on the left is bidrectional with a center zero position on the pot so doing clockwise or anticlockwise is no problem. The drive is an emco unimat1 modular lathe and the counter is a vellemann kit. It´s a bit primitive but works fine.
                            All the best

Andrew
                            Attached Files

Comment

• My wire is going behind the winder too.

I'm thinking about configuring the winder with a stationary bobbin and running the wire through a hollow spindle so I can avoid the problems with centripetal force and bulging bobbins. I notice some of the more expensive winders work this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                                My wire is going behind the winder too.

I'm thinking about configuring the winder with a stationary bobbin and running the wire through a hollow spindle so I can avoid the problems with centripetal force and bulging bobbins. I notice some of the more expensive winders work this way.
                                I've seen winders like that. I always wondered exactly how they work.

I'd love to see what you come up with.
                                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                                X