No announcement yet.

cnc winder controller board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and that's "bated breath", unless you have been eating chum lately, and then that's another story for another thread. (cue Jaws music)
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      Oh and that's "bated breath", unless you have been eating chum lately, and then that's another story for another thread. (cue Jaws music)

[Edit] ...unless you're "baiting" someone into some pic's!
      Last edited by RedHouse; 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM. Reason: added joke
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• oh wouldn't a kit be the answer to all the electronically challenged wannabes......or the grossly overworked wannabes like me...LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Musiclogic View Post
          oh wouldn't a kit be the answer to all the electronically challenged wannabes......or the grossly overworked wannabes like me...LMAO
          Might be, but think of the cost. Currently this project is comming in at just under $400 USD, if someone did all the fab work for you, procured the parts, and assembled a kit it would be twice or three times the current cost.
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• in these days i made many test with tensioner....
            i left closed loop tensioner idea because i have not time anymore to develop...

i left solenoid tensioner too and i changed it with a small stepper (taken in a broken printer)

powering only one phase of a stepper motor (with same pwm out i used with solenoid) it doesn't run and i can control its holding torque.... then i made a new pulley for it.... and when winding i make 3 or 4 turn around this pulley....

it's a simple method and i ike it....

i will take some video and photo in the next days....

bye
            Last edited by -Elepro-; 02-26-2010, 12:57 PM.
            .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
            .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
              Might be, but think of the cost. Currently this project is comming in at just under $400 USD, if someone did all the fab work for you, procured the parts, and assembled a kit it would be twice or three times the current cost.
              Some drawn up plans would be nice.

Maybe I'll do that when I start on mine. Then I'll post them here.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

• David,
                did you ever get a delrin nut for your traverse?

Comment

• David, no, I haven't done anything at all on the winder since you sent me the lead screw. I got too busy. But now I want to get the PICs and get going on the thing.

Comment

• new stepper tensioner.... and wire guide (the pulley in the middle position is useless.... i left it only to test tensioner with a hanging load)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• a short video.... random tpl between 42 and 31.... you can hear traverse speed noise changing at every layer.... and values displayed on lcd.....

YouTube - cnc pickup winder - random tpl mode

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                        new stepper tensioner.... and wire guide (the pulley in the middle position is useless.... i left it only to test tensioner with a hanging load)
                        Does the setup shown actually spin the stepper motor? I have been experimenting with a similar tension setup with no success so far. First I chose the stepper that spun the most easily out of all the small ones I had. I put a rubber tire wheel on the motor with another rubber tire wheel idler and pinched the wire between the two wheels, much like an old tape recorder capstan and pinch roller. It didn't spin the motor, the wire just slipped through.

Then I tried inlet and outlet wire guides to the motor roller with several turns around the rubber tired wheel and that didn't work either. Both of these tests were with nothing connected to the motor. I was using 42 gauge wire.

How many turns around the pulley are you using? Is the pulley simply concave or is there a spiral groove in there to guide the wire? and what gauge wire are you using? It looks heavier than 42 but pictures can be deceiving.

Thanks

Comment

• wire in picture is 42... there are 4 or 5 turns around the stepper pulley (it is simply concave....not spiral groove...)

....the trick is to have a little of tension already before the tensioner pulley..... i made that with the little screw with hole that you can see near the pulley: the wire turns around it, goes through the hole.... and then around the tensioner pulley...

ciao

Comment

• Elepro,
                            I would worry a little about the wire and insulation becoming fatigued when going around those sharp bends at the eyebolts. I had a problem with that were half my coils had internal shorts after going through the extreme slalom tensioner I tried out a while ago. Just something to keep an eye on.

Comment

• I wouldn't use the eye bolts at all... not metal ones anyway. I had issues with shorts onto polished steel blades, so I think the wire rubbing on metal is not a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
                                Elepro,
                                I would worry a little about the wire and insulation becoming fatigued when going around those sharp bends at the eyebolts. I had a problem with that were half my coils had internal shorts after going through the extreme slalom tensioner I tried out a while ago. Just something to keep an eye on.
                                It's very hard to keep such paths free of microscopic metal burrs that will cut the insulation layer. Commercial winding machines with metal or ceramic wire feed nozzles use very hard material and polish the wire-contact surfaces to a near optical finish, a very difficult process to duplicate on small scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X