Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David King View Post
    Elepro,
    Traverse works now, the first switch was defective so no connection was being made.
    I did a test wind and set TPL to 15 but the traverse stepper keeps slow stepping at the same rate (about 4 steps per second) and direction regardless of the spindle stepper speed (as winder speeds up). At higher turns per layer it's even slower or doesn't seem to move at all. I'm winding at default 600rpm speed with bobbin width of 12.5mm.

Are the switches still needed for winding or just for setting width?
    the switches always need for change direction.... in setting and winding mode...

4 steps per second seems impossible.... at 15 tpl in 12.5mm it has to go fast.... make other test... something is wrong.... (...and try to push switches during winding)....
    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Brad, you should know by now that that's not how I roll, schematics are for the birds. Anyone remember what page the schematic is on?
      Just download all that stuff to a folder on your computer.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Oh! *that* folder. I'll look in there.

Comment

• Something weird is going on but i don't have an oscilloscope to see where the problem is. I'll swap out the traverse driver and see if that helps. The traverse motor was working correctly at 64 and above tpl but not reliably below. Also the main spindle motor is not achieving the speeds I was getting before with just the onboard oscillator. I may just not be getting the amps I need so I'll check the dip switches too. Very easy to stall the motor at 600 rpm.

Comment

• is gear ratio in configuration setting 1/1main and 2/1 trverse? (edited)

are you sure drivers have 1/2 step selected?

post a good picture of the wiring.... and check well all solders in the controller....

you should have these wires:

-AC main for both drivers
            -5v dir step and gnd from one driver to controller
            -dir step and gnd from the other driver to controller
            -2 switches with 2 wires to the controller and 2 (or 1 common) to gnd

bye
            Last edited by -Elepro-; 01-16-2010, 11:59 AM. Reason: wrong configuration

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
              is gear ratio in configuration setting 1/1 1/1 ?
              excuse me for you is 1/1 for the main and 2/1 for the traverse......

Comment

The traverse motor was working correctly at 64 and above tpl but not reliably below.
                give traverse speed in tpl it's not showing because it depends on travel setted... say me in pitch (mm or inch)

e.g.:
                at 600 rpm main, 64tpl in 12mm travel (with 1mm leadscrew) mean 108 rpm for traverse

at 600 rpm main, same 64tpl but in 1mm travel (i think You push buttons with hands so it is possible this value) (with 1mm leadscrew) mean 9 rpm for traverse

Originally posted by David King View Post
                .... Also the main spindle motor is not achieving the speeds .....
                make sure main gear ratio is 1/1 in configuration menu....

then:

in configuration menu set

gear 1/1main and 2/1trav
                tension not important
                speed 600
                ac-deceleration 50

in winding menu set

direction not important
                200 turns
                travel not important (because you will set traverse speed watching pitch in mm not tpl)
                single pitch mode
                pitch 0,50mm
                tension not important
                speed default 600 rpm

start (while running, push the limit switches so check invert direction)

...and let me know.....

bye

Comment

• power supply transformer question

Hi Elepro

Would a 24 volt transformer be to strong for the circuit, i´d imagine it would give out 30 v after rectifier ? Also would 2 transformers be necessary for the power supply or is there a transformer available in Europe with lower voltage taps ?
                  My nearest supplier in Vienna is Conrad

Regards

Andrew

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                  datasheet says yes... and better than the one you link in your PM

how many costs? where you buy?

here a supply for your configuration...

bye

Comment

• Hi Elepro

There´s a 12volt input on the controller but no 12 volt out on the power supply schematic ?

Regards

Andrew

datasheet says yes... and better than the one you link in your PM

how many costs? where you buy?

here a supply for your configuration...

bye

Comment

• limit of you driver is 35vdc... with 24v transformer you have (24-1.4)*1.414=31.95voltdc... it's under the limit.... but how many is fluctuation of 230V in Austria ? of course is less than 10%....then you can use 24volt transformer but you could be near the limit...

i prefer 2 transformer: a big one for motors and a small one for controller and tensioner

in power supply schematic there is a 15volt (for tensioner) in controller i wrote 12... but it's same .... (not regulated)... it depends on the solenoid you'll find...
                      you can choose:
                      with transformer with secondary at 12vac you have 15vdc
                      with transformer with secondary at 9vac you have 10.75vdc

bye

Comment

• Hi Elepro

Would 18 volts transformer be enough ? there seems to be plenty of 18 volts transformers available but not so many at 20 volt, Is the tensioner solenoid push or pull, the connection on pin 2 on controller board (post 355) tensioner ground, is this the adjustable voltage side of the solenoid controlled by the controller ? Maybe a wiring diagram for the tensioner would clarify things.

Thanks again

Andrew
                        limit of you driver is 35vdc... with 24v transformer you have (24-1.4)*1.414=31.95voltdc... it's under the limit.... but how many is fluctuation of 230V in Austria ? of course is less than 10%....then you can use 24volt transformer but you could be near the limit...

i prefer 2 transformer: a big one for motors and a small one for controller and tensioner

in power supply schematic there is a 15volt (for tensioner) in controller i wrote 12... but it's same .... (not regulated)... it depends on the solenoid you'll find...
                        you can choose:
                        with transformer with secondary at 12vac you have 15vdc
                        with transformer with secondary at 9vac you have 10.75vdc

bye

Comment

• Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                          but not so many at 20 volt......,

20volt trafo

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                          the connection on pin 2 on controller board (post 355) tensioner ground, is this the adjustable voltage side of the solenoid controlled by the controller ?
                          yes it is the adjustable voltage side.... the other side of solenoid is directly connect at +12(15) volt..... then you will have 2 wire +12v: one from supply to controller and one from supply directly to solenoid.....
                          the other wire of solenoid (negative) go at pin2.....

could seems strange but the adjustable voltage side of solenoid is the negative pole.... it's normal with n-mosfet (irfz48) regulation mode...

if it's not clear i make a schem....

bye

Comment

• Thanks Elepro

A schematic might be good just to be safe. I checked the specs on the transformer and it seems to be 96 va 4 amps Is that enough for the 2 x 2 amp stepper motors or should I try and find one a little stronger ?
                            Thanks again

Andrew

20volt trafo

yes it is the adjustable voltage side.... the other side of solenoid is directly connect at +12(15) volt..... then you will have 2 wire +12v: one from supply to controller and one from supply directly to solenoid.....
                            the other wire of solenoid (negative) go at pin2.....

could seems strange but the adjustable voltage side of solenoid is the negative pole.... it's normal with n-mosfet (irfz48) regulation mode...

if it's not clear i make a schem....

bye
                            Attached Files

Comment

• it's enough.... i have 2 X 2A motor too and i never used them more than 1,8A

(btw it's enough for 2 X 2A too because in chopper mode the maximum power supply current required for motor driver is 67% of the motor’s rated phase current.)

bye
                              Last edited by -Elepro-; 01-17-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Something weird is going ......
                                did you make other test?

Comment

Working...
                                X