• Originally posted by spy View Post
    Anyway I got it first! Woohoo.....
    You see? I was right!

I WON!!!!!!!

OK, back to my meds now...
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

• DigiKey is just out at the moment, it's a normally stocked part.

This is the one I got: AD22151YRZ-ND
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        You see? I was right!

I WON!!!!!!!

OK, back to my meds now...
        You get your's yet Lt?
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• So... to switch between the two sensors... is there anything special to keep in mind? If I were to install them internally, could I just use a 3PDT switch? Does the unit have to power down before switching? (I'd imagine so)

Also, if the AD22151 works better with stronger magnets, is there any need for the original sensor? I'm figuring that's more sensitive for weaker magnets?
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            So... to switch between the two sensors... is there anything special to keep in mind? If I were to install them internally, could I just use a 3PDT switch? Does the unit have to power down before switching? (I'd imagine so)

Also, if the AD22151 works better with stronger magnets, is there any need for the original sensor? I'm figuring that's more sensitive for weaker magnets?
            Read page 3 of the PDF file, it describes how you switch from Probe1 to Probe2 with the meter programming.

Yes you could use a 3PDT but you only need SPDT for switching between the output pins of the A1302 and AD22151 to the middle pin of connector-4 which is the sensor input to the PIC microcontroller.

Yes, you will have to power-down the meter, flip your probe selector switch, power-up the meter and take the steps described in page-3 of the PDF file.

David, you might not need to mess with a probe switching arrangement, after you get the AD22151 experiment with it, you might find it can do the job entirely instead of the A1302. If you do decide to switch to using the AD22151 all the time, reset the calibration for Probe1 (in the firmware) to the .400mV/G so when the meter starts up you are on the right probe setting already.

I haven't got mine into a probe lead yet so I can't comment on how well it works compared to the A1302.
            Last edited by RedHouse; 09-04-2009, 02:13 AM.
            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by David King View Post
              ...I'm wanting to set the probe calibration but the instruction PDF http://classicamplification.net/Gaus...ssMeter_v2.pdf
              isn't very explicit about how to do this....
              I have edited and re-uploaded the PDF file, please go and download it again and see if the calibration instructions are more easily understood.
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                Read page 3 of the PDF file, it describes how you switch from Probe1 to Probe2 with the meter programming.
                I've skimmed over that a few times, but didn't concentrate on it yet, since I didn't have the meter built. I'll have to revisit that document.

Yes you could use a 3PDT but you only need SPDT for switching between the output pins of the A1302 and AD22151 to the middle pin of connector-4 which is the sensor input to the PIC microcontroller.
                OK, so I can leave them both powered and grounded... makes sense.

Yes, you will have to power-down the meter, flip your probe selector switch, power-up the meter and take the steps described in page-3 of the PDF file.
                Yes.. that PDF again... RTFM!

David, you might not need to mess with a probe switching arrangement, after you get the AD22151 experiment with it, you might find it can do the job entirely instead of the A1302. If you do decide to switch to using the AD22151 all the time, reset the calibration for Probe1 (in the firmware) to the .400mV/G so when the meter starts up you are on the right probe setting already.
                OK, so that was one of my questions. If the AD22151 is good for all around work, I'd probably leave it as the default. I deal more with neos and ceramic magnets than alnicos.

I haven't got mine into a probe lead yet so I can't comment on how well it works compared to the A1302.
                I'm going to order mine now. My case will be here tomorrow, so I can start prepping that.

This is exciting! I love building stuff.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                  You get your's yet Lt?
                  No, and I'm not expecting it before the 14th of this month.

Yeah, the Italian Post Office is THAT bad.

Everything in this country is like a a bad joke where nobody's laughing, starting with the Prime Minister Berlusconi.

I hate it with a passion.
                  Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                  Milano, Italy

Comment

• Well my case got here, and the good news is I wont have to alter the battery compartment to get things to fit.

I also ordered the AD22151 sensor, so in the mean time I'll start putting the thing together.

I'll take some photos as I work on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                      No, and I'm not expecting it before the 14th of this month.

Yeah, the Italian Post Office is THAT bad.

Everything in this country is like a a bad joke where nobody's laughing, starting with the Prime Minister Berlusconi.

I hate it with a passion.
                      Ok ell-tee, I'm holdiong my breath
                      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Hello.
                        I am in Thailand.
                        I want to group buy.
                        Must do.

I use the google translator.
                        I am not strong language.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by realtonecustompickup View Post
                          Hello.
                          I am in Thailand.
                          I want to group buy.
                          Must do.

I use the google translator.
                          I am not strong language.

Thank you.
                          Hello realtonecustompickup, you are too late.
                          (wow, what a long alias dude!)

The group-buy ended last month (read the thread) ...sorry.
                          Last edited by RedHouse; 09-05-2009, 03:19 AM.
                          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Mines together. This thing works great!
                            I used the Serpac 251 enclosure. The lead is about 18" long.

Comment

• Hi, RedHouse.
                              I paid already.
                              Thank you for sharing me 1 kit.

PS. I thank the good of this web.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_H View Post
                                Mines together. This thing works great!
                                I used the Serpac 251 enclosure. The lead is about 18" long.
                                I also bought a Serpac enclosure, but it's a bit smaller than that one (I think).

[EDIT] 3.62" X 2.25" X 1.5" <------ WRONG, it's 5.63 X 3.25 X 1.5

But that's also how I'm doing mine.
                                Last edited by David Schwab; 09-07-2009, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X