Gaussmeter Kit Group-Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE:

The "last" kit (ref: one kit up for grabs) has been purchased by realtonecustompickup in Thailand.

That concludes the distribution part of this group-buy.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• OK, here's some graphics I did for myself. I did these using the manufacturer's drawings, making sure everything was to scale.

If you are using the same case as I am, then here are the front panel drill and cutout template, and the overall position of everything in the box. The front panel assumes the battery box is to the right when viewed from above.

The case I'm using has a smooth front panel. So I made up a control panel label. My idea was to print that on sticky label paper, and then cover it with a clear plastic label, or a thin sheet of clear acrylic plastic, which would be held in place by the screws and switches.

I wanted a box with the texture on the top like Brad's, but this gives me a chance to label the thing, as I'm sure I'll forget what button does what for a few weeks.

I haven't tested these templates yet! I'm reasonably sure everything is in the right spot, and I know the front panel label fits on the box as it should, and eye balling it, everything looks good. But just double check before drilling or cutting!

You can probably use these for other cases too with some extra checking and planing.

Everything will print out the right size as long as auto scaling (adjusting to margins) is not on!
      Attached Files
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• David schweb thank you very much for the layout,.

Now I wait for the final set of kit with excitement.

Gaussmeter set can be used to measure all forms of pickups?

thank you,.

Comment

• yay!

got mine finally. Haven't taken it out of the packages yet. Will assemble in the next few days. Thanks again for this guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
            got mine finally. Haven't taken it out of the packages yet. Will assemble in the next few days. Thanks again for this guys...
            Geez, it too longer to go 300 miles that to Italy! what's up at the border?

Maybe the mail truck got stuck at the Peace Arch
            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
              Geez, it too longer to go 300 miles that to Italy! what's up at the border?

Maybe the mail truck got stuck at the Peace Arch
              I think it gets up here pretty fast but when you hit Vancouver Island the pot is just a little stronger and the people working the postal routes get lost and start wandering around.

Comment

I think it gets up here pretty fast but when you hit Vancouver Island the pot is just a little stronger and the people working the postal routes get lost and start wandering around.
                LOL!
                -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• I don't seem to have the conn4 male and female. is that something that I need to get? sorry if this was covered previously.

Comment

Here is the packing list:

let us know if you are missing parts.

Comment

• i came back now from holiday.....
                      and i check on your work ..... you don't need me

David, did you already have the ad22151?
                      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

• Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
                        David, did you already have the ad22151?
                        No, I ordered one. I haven't received it yet.

I just checked and see it is back ordered.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I don't seem to have the conn4 male and female. is that something that I need to get? sorry if this was covered previously.
                          Remember back when we were making parts decisions on what we wanted (and what we didn't) the off-board connectors added nearly $15 to the kit cost, and when Yves suggested soldering leads directly to the board we decided to either do that, or those who wanted sockets/connectors could source their own locally at surplus outlets or whatever. You should have only got the 16-pin socket/header in your bag, or on your PCB.

You may have missed it here Parts List

On the test unit I used a header-n-socket for conn4 because I needed to make up a special lead that had little micro-sockets so I could test all the A1302 sensors against the known-value magnets before I shipped them out to you. On my final units I soldered directly to the PCB.
                          (I bought two kits for myself, one for a portable hand-held unit, and one for my winding bench)

Recall this was the "test unit":

and this was the special lead that had to be made for testing/calibrating all the sensors:

and you can see that header/socket appear in the build tutorial: Building the ElePro gauss meter but it doesn't come with the parts kit, I had some in my own shop stock.
                          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=RedHouse;119737]Remember back when we were making parts decisions on what we wanted (and what we didn't) the off-board connectors added nearly $15 to the kit cost, and when Yves suggested soldering leads directly to the board we decided to either do that, or those who wanted sockets/connectors could source their own locally at surplus outlets or whatever. You should have only got the 16-pin socket/header in your bag, or on your PCB.

You may have missed it here Parts List

On the test unit I used a header-n-socket for conn4 because I needed to make up a special lead that had little micro-sockets so I could test all the A1302 sensors against the known-value magnets before I shipped them out to you. On my final units I soldered directly to the PCB.
                            (I bought two kits for myself, one for a portable hand-held unit, and one for my winding bench)

Recall this was the "test unit":

QUOTE]

right, of course... I got a little over zealous and was following the pictures too closely. I'll hardwire it to the board, no problem. cheers.
                            Tony

Comment

let us know if you are missing parts.
                              Thanks for reposting the parts list Brad. Fortunately, none of the parts were missing and I started building the circuit. I'm up to the switches, working off your build web page. I ordered a Serpac 251 enclosure too, but it won't get here for another 10 days or so.
                              int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                              www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

• Newark Electronics has 78 of the AD22151YRZ in stock.

US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com

-drh
                                "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Working...
                                X