• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    I hope your customer likes them.
    Did they have that bell ringing tone?
    Does he play on a marshall amp?
    T
    I think they are pretty close. It is his ears that matter though. Mostly he plays on a Deluxe Reverb. By the way he is the founder and moderator of a couple of facebook amp forums one for Super Champ XD and one for Blues Deluxe. So I do hope he likes them.
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

I hope your customer likes them.
      Did they have that bell ringing tone?
      Does he play on a marshall amp?
      T
      It'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of em seeing as he's tried so many others looking for what he wants. If you've nailed em then you're a genius bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
        It'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of em seeing as he's tried so many others looking for what he wants. If you've nailed em then you're a genius bro.
        It's a slippery slope, the tone he wants is evidently pretty elusive. And I've told him if they aren't there I would take another shot at it. Don't know about the genius part, probably not making much on this, just hoping for the best.
        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Rob, the humbucker woodys I made are full wooden bobbins not tops. I've made 4 woody buckers, all of the bobbins were taller, that was the reason for making them, so I could have taller coils,
          wow! You have a lot more patients than I do.

Good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
            wow! You have a lot more patients than I do.

Good work!
            LOL, thanks Mate, nuthin better to do's more like it. Here's a pic of a maple set of bobbins. They are a drama to make for sure. I think I'm over them now.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
              Don't know about the genius part.
              Well he hasn't found what he wants yet so if you can do it for him then I reckon you've done real well. My guess is you might have a second go at it, never know. Dudes like that, can they ever be satisfied?

Comment

Well he hasn't found what he wants yet so if you can do it for him then I reckon you've done real well. My guess is you might have a second go at it, never know. Dudes like that, can they ever be satisfied?
                If I do have to go at it again I will really have to just be guessing. I've used up most of my ideas. But at least I could hear what I think he described, and also see some of the characteristics he wanted in the audio spectrums, like the mid boost part. But I guess I probably knew I was getting into this when I started it and you are right about them maybe never being satisfied. And there is the whole thing of his guitar vs mine and all. I did throw in a couple of good capacitors just for insurance on it. I had some fun too in kind of a creative way with this so if I have another go I get to have even more fun.
                www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Thats a lot of work Ward. I'd probably wind up smashing them and painting a few 25 cent PVC bobbins tan.

I asked this question a few days ago but got no answer so I'll ask again and hope someone has the answer.

Is anybody using Elektrisola 42 PE min-nom from Remington? If so, can anybody tell me what the diameter is?
                  The only newer 42 PE that I have is too thick (~.030") I'm looking for some that's closer to .027" -.028" max.

Thanks!
                  Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                    If I do have to go at it again I will really have to just be guessing. I've used up most of my ideas. But at least I could hear what I think he described, and also see some of the characteristics he wanted in the audio spectrums, like the mid boost part. But I guess I probably knew I was getting into this when I started it and you are right about them maybe never being satisfied. And there is the whole thing of his guitar vs mine and all. I did throw in a couple of good capacitors just for insurance on it. I had some fun too in kind of a creative way with this so if I have another go I get to have even more fun.
                    I hope do get it right Sonny, then you can tell us all how you did it

Comment

I asked this question a few days ago but got no answer so I'll ask again and hope someone has the answer.
                      Is anybody using Elektrisola 42 PE min-nom from Remington? If so, can anybody tell me what the diameter is?
                      The only newer 42 PE that I have is too thick (~.030") I'm looking for some that's closer to .027" -.028" max.
                      Thanks!
                      Rob.
                      I don't know anyone that has bought any PE from Remington.
                      One reason, they seem high on the PE.
                      MWS has always bee cheaper on the PE.
                      If the wire is min/nom is should be in the .0026-27 range.
                      Wire has been getting smaller lately.
                      If it is nom/max it should be some bigger.
                      The elektrisola HPN I bought a while back, one roll is .00285 and the other roll is .00297.
                      Which is large now days.
                      I bought 2 rolls of the 42 SPN, the Natural is .0026+, the red SPN, is .0025+
                      So I suspect it to be like the 42 SPN.
                      You can email Larry and tell him what you are looking for.
                      You can tell him your from the forum.
                      Larry Jauch
                      Remington Industries
                      Phone/Fax 815/385-1987
                      Sales@RemingtonIndustries.com
                      http://www.remingtonindustries.com/P.../Category/Wire

You can email Diana at MWS.
                      Make up a company name, and email her what you want.
                      Tell her you want the Forum Dealer Discount.
                      I would tell her to give you a good price or you'll buy from BAE, or Remington.
                      MWS Sales Contact & Email
                      Diana Avery
                      Westlake Village, Ca USA
                      diana@mwswire.com
                      Diana Avery-Cizmas
                      MWS Wire Industries
                      PH (818) 991-8553
                      FX (818) 706-0911

Also contact BAE
                      They sell in 6 and 2 lb rolls.
                      Teena Ridicoloso
                      BAE Wire & Insulation Inc.
                      941-309-0900 Phone
                      941-309-9473 Fax
                      TeenaR@baewire.com

Good Luck, and let us know how you come out?
                      T
                      Last edited by big_teee; 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM.
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

• Thanks terry. Does MWS have a minimum on how many Lbs you have to buy?

Rob

Comment

Thanks terry. Does MWS have a minimum on how many Lbs you have to buy?

Rob
                          You can buy just one roll.
                          I think the PE is on 5-6lb rolls.
                          I would just email Diana and see what she can do for you.
                          Make sure you tell her you are a bizz, they are notorious for their many prices.
                          Everytime I contacted them, you would get a different price structure.
                          Teena at BAE will get right back to you also if you email her.
                          They all sell Elektrisola wire now, that is about all that is left.
                          T
                          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                          Terry

Comment

You can buy just one roll.
                            I think the PE is on 5-6lb rolls.
                            I would just email Diana and see what she can do for you.
                            Make sure you tell her you are a bizz, they are notorious for their many prices.
                            Everytime I contacted them, you would get a different price structure.
                            Teena at BAE will get right back to you also if you email her.
                            They all sell Elektrisola wire now, that is about all that is left.
                            T
                            The spool of red ELektrisola that I got from MWS last year, mics in at .0025
                            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                              The spool of red ELektrisola that I got from MWS last year, mics in at .0025
                              My Red SPN was that also.
                              Stratz is wanting to buy some Elektrisola PE.
                              Do you have any of that?
                              If so, what did it Mic?
                              Terry

Comment

• I just took a measure for elektrisola Pe ,It measured .00026 to .000265
                                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                                X