Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ward; 08-13-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
      I prefer no stagger for 12" radius and above but I do adjust the Gauss. I always drop the G string pole by 100 Gauss or so.

Speaking of scratchy pots.
      Heres my old Marshall JMP and a couple of my Strats.
      I need to pull the chassis and clean the pots.

I sure like that White JMP.
      Looks Cool!
      Did you make the Mini Blade Buckers?
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        I sure like that White JMP.
        Looks Cool!
        T
        I wouldn't mind having some kind of white toppers for the mini blades instead of making trying to make them ,I guess I should ask Tom at mojo
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads
          I wouldn't mind having some kind of white toppers for the mini blades instead of making trying to make them ,I guess I should ask Tom at mojo
          I would like to see them make some vintage white bobbins.
          Just about everyone around here, wants the vintage white knobs and P/U Covers even with a white Pick Guard.
          So with the Vintage white, and black I would be happy.
          The Black just complicates everything.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

I would like to see them make some vintage white bobbins.
            Just about everyone around here, wants the vintage white knobs and P/U Covers even with a white Pick Guard.
            So with the Vintage white, and black I would be happy.
            The Black just complicates everything.
            T
            Yes ....White & vintage white bobbins would work
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Where is everyone?
              T
              Last edited by big_teee; 08-13-2012, 05:58 AM.
              Terry

Comment

Where is everyone?
                T
                Present!

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Nah, Dimarzio.
                I've since removed them and put traditional singles back in.

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                Nuthin wrong with the flower pot approach, I've wound 8 now and it couldn't be easier n they're dead quite.
                Hey Ward. How did you make out with the P-90 guitar and the dummy coil?
                Did you ever get it to quiet down? If so, what was the problem/solution?

Rob.

Comment

• blare
                  Last edited by Ward; 08-13-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• blare

Comment

• blare

Comment

• This is a pickup forum, is there not room to like all kinds?
                        Getting in a rut don't you think?
                        I like them all.
                        I want to try one of those Dirty Finger type Pickups with 3 magnets.
                        I have all the parts, and want to give it a try, and should be nice and bright.
                        But first, I have to finish a couple of secret Projects!
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

• blare

Comment

Where is everyone?
                            T
                            I am finally here now, I have been emailing back and forth with my customer tonight on the '65 set. He just got them installed. Good news is he loves the neck pickup. Says it is exactly what he had in mind. That's the one I was worried about the most. Not as good is he isn't as sure about the mid and bridge, he likes them but not as much and not sure if they have THAT tone. Still a little too bright for him. But he says he hasn't had time to fool around much with the heights and such. I had sent him a special wiring diagram to separate the neck tone control from the others so tomorrow I am going to dig into my stash of NOS capacitors and send him a .05 ceramic cap from 1973 that should help the situation on the other two. That's about it, mowed the yard today yada yada yada ....
                            www.sonnywalton.com
                            How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                              I am finally here now, I have been emailing back and forth with my customer tonight on the '65 set. He just got them installed. Good news is he loves the neck pickup. Says it is exactly what he had in mind. That's the one I was worried about the most. Not as good is he isn't as sure about the mid and bridge, he likes them but not as much and not sure if they have THAT tone. Still a little too bright for him. But he says he hasn't had time to fool around much with the heights and such. I had sent him a special wiring diagram to separate the neck tone control from the others so tomorrow I am going to dig into my stash of NOS capacitors and send him a .05 ceramic cap from 1973 that should help the situation on the other two. That's about it, mowed the yard today yada yada yada ....
                              Do all three have to be the same DCR, or can you add some wire for the middle and Bridge.
                              I usually make the bridge shorter, and wind it full, that makes it less Ice Picky?
                              I bet you'll get them worked out.
                              I always use a .1uf on all pickups, like fender did on neck, and middle.
                              I do it on Bridge also.
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

Do all three have to be the same DCR, or can you add some wire for the middle and Bridge.
                                I usually make the bridge shorter, and wind it full, that makes it less Ice Picky?
                                I bet you'll get them worked out.
                                I always use a .1uf on all pickups, like fender did on neck, and middle.
                                I do it on Bridge also.
                                T
                                They don't have to be any particular DCR. I wound the bridge hotter. I did also make the bridge shorter it was .427 so was the middle, and the neck was .436.
                                .1uf sounds like a lot, though I know they used that at first. I have tried it and thought it was too dark, but I like them brighter than this guy does. I have some NOS .1uf red dime types maybe I will put one of those in too just for insurance. He doesn't mind to solder and test. I like this guy.

Edit: PS he has already posted a clip of the neck pickup to the facebook blues deluxe group.
                                www.sonnywalton.com
                                How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Working...
                                X