• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    I just took a measure for elektrisola Pe ,It measured .00026 to .000265
    Triple 0 265

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
      Triple 0 265
      I saw that, but we all know what he means.
      .06731mm to you metric Boyz!
      T
      **You bend any of that HPN yet?
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        I saw that, but we all know what he means.
        .06731mm to you metric Boyz!
        T
        **You bend any of that HPN yet?
        .063 actually, the PE I got from Mojo is thicker than thick but it goes ok on singles and I can get 5000 turns on a stock bucker bobbin. No winding at the moment, too cold.
        Last edited by Ward; 08-09-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

.063 actually, the PE I got from Mojo is thicker than thick but it goes ok on singles and I can get 5000 turns on a stock bucker bobbin. No winding at the moment, too cold, yesterday I just finished the last coats of clear on the candy red, it was clear and not too cold, then, 1/2 hour later it was hailing and this is what it looked like.
          This isn't your usual summer hail storm, this came over in a snap freeze kinda thing. I didn't hear it coz I was blasting one of my amps, then I turned and saw this out the winder. What a life eh.
          the .063 is wire diameter, that would be 0.00248031 inch wire diameter.
          We are talking about the insulation micrometer reading.
          If the wire is .00265 Inch diameter with insulation, it would the the .0673mm with the insulation.
          Stratz was wanting to know what the average Elektrisola PE would Mic.
          It looks cold there.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

the .063 is wire diameter, that would be 0.00248031 inch wire diameter.
            We are talking about the insulation micrometer reading.
            If the wire is .00265 Inch diameter with insulation, it would the the .0673mm with the insulation.
            Stratz was wanting to know what the average Elektrisola PE would Mic.

T
            Rightio.

Comment

My Red SPN was that also.
              Stratz is wanting to buy some Elektrisola PE.
              Do you have any of that?
              If so, what did it Mic?
              Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              I just took a measure for elektrisola Pe ,It measured .00026 to .000265
              Thanks guys!

Comment

Triple 0 265
                Oh sorry I mean't .0026 to.00265
                Damn Metric .............Don't get me started on that .....Us Canadians have to have both Metric & SAE
                I was In a hurry ...
                I heard toilets flush counter clockwise in Oz ......Go check for me would ya
                I always wanted to Visit Australia .I'm a Crowe,Jackman,Gibson fan
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• New Gauss meter and a Tapped Strat single

I got my new Spin Doctor Gauss meter yesterday. Much easier than my old home built meter. No more converting volts to Gauss.
                  Excellent product and fantastic customer support

I also got around to building a tapped Strat pickup that I was supposed to have finished about 3 weeks ago.

I'll put it in my test Strat tonight and I'll report back with the results.
                  Rob.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tapped Strat PE Top.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	825689

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                    I got my new Spin Doctor Gauss meter yesterday. Much easier than my old home built meter. No more converting volts to Gauss.
                    Excellent product and fantastic customer support

I also got around to building a tapped Strat pickup that I was supposed to have finished about 3 weeks ago.

I'll put it in my test Strat tonight and I'll report back with the results.
                    Rob.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19586[/ATTACH]
                    Very Nice.
                    Also I see beveled and Staggered Magnets.
                    I do mine Beveled, and a slight Stagger also.
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

• Did a Nuke go off !!!! Where is everybody

Comment

Did a Nuke go off !!!! Where is everybody
                        I was sitting here wondering the same thing.
                        What's going on, at the rock tonight?
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

• Just finished winding a set of Relaxed Mids strat pups
                          now having a Beer

Comment

• I'm doin some major work on my righty demo strat, routed out the swimming pool, wound a new set of pickups, I used the formvar T, I'll get around to the HPN, put in a micro tilt adjuster for the neck so you can adjust the saddles right up so the screws don't cut your hand off. I hate setting righty guitars up, I can't feel em so have to just go by eye, rightys, yip. This thing is made of basswood I think so I wound the pickups 8400 br and 8000 mid n neck.

Comment

I hate setting righty guitars up, I can't feel em so have to just go by eye, rightys, yip.
                              I bet It is pretty hard to setup a guitar right/opposite handed by feel ...Never really thought about it
                              I'm left handed but I play right

Comment

Did a Nuke go off !!!! Where is everybody
                                Just now getting around to checking on it. The only pickup stuff I did today was to take the measurements on those pickups that one of my customers left for me to record the data on. I took the pickguard out of the guitar so I could measure them and unsoldered the leads to the jack and tremolo ground. After I measured everything I soldered it back and when I checked it the volume pot was scratchy, and had a problem with not being quiet when turned all the way down. So I took everything apart again and used contact cleaner, didn't help, finally ended up replacing the volume pot. Don't know if I got it too hot or if it was bad before, but it is fixed now.
                                www.sonnywalton.com
                                How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Working...
                                X